Taking clipping out of songs

I downloaded audacity recently, and I figured out how to long songs and all that, but the main reason I got it was to fix clipping. So can anybody tell me exactly howmto fix clipping using audacity. An example for decaf or whoever else would be Nerd by Gucci.

Thanks in advance.

BJ

HU: JVC Arsenal AR880

Subs: (4) Incriminator Audio Warden 15s

Highs: (12)Eminator 8s (12)Eminator 6.5s (12)Eminence Apt80s

Amps: (2) Incriminator Audio 40.1s (subs), (2) MB Quart Discus 4125s, (1) MB Quart 4.80

Electrical:

-DB Electrical 275 amp Ohio Gen

-BIG III

-(5) XS Power d3100s

152.3 In Street Beat 5.

State record in Alabama. (USACI)

http://www.youtube.com/Itgetslow

Idk if thats possible. Now you could lower the volume of the peaks of music to make your amps not clip as soon.

It has a feature in the effects tab that says clip fix

Amps: (2) Incriminator Audio 40.1s (subs), (2) MB Quart Discus 4125s, (1) MB Quart 4.80

Electrical:

-BIG III

-(5) XS Power d3100s

152.3 In Street Beat 5.

Guest DC Power Kyle

You can never truly fix a "clip" in the song. It can try to calculate how to fix it but it won't sound anything like a proper recorded version of that song (if the artist actually made one)

its impossible to fix clipping. clipping can start from anyone editing a song and its only fixed by the studio. no other way.

that clip fix function locks up audacity so its pintless

Yeah, It locks mine up too. I just thought I was dooing something wrong.

So wat could I do to make it a tad bit safer to play at high volumes?

Electrical:

-BIG III

-(5) XS Power d3100s

152.3 In Street Beat 5.

I use compressor just leave it at the default parameters and click ok

obviously it doesn't fix the clipped signal but it shows in audacity that most of the song isn't clipped any more via the red disappearing.

still not fixed but A TON better than playing it clipped.

when I use the compressor my sub doesn't get as hot compared to the raw clipped song so it does do its job

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

you could actually "fix" a clipped song by lowering the gain in the song or audacity has a some program that fixes it for you..i cant remember how but when i get home ill let you know..and "THEHOE92" is correct you could tell when the song is clipped if the screen apears RED.

you could actually "fix" a clipped song by lowering the gain in the song or audacity has a some program that fixes it for you..i cant remember how but when i get home ill let you know..and "THEHOE92" is correct you could tell when the song is clipped if the screen apears RED.

nope a clipped signal is a clipped signal you have to reshape the whole wave and even then it won't sound like its supposed to but you are right lowering the "gain" of the song is the right way to do it because then when you turn your HU up to normal slamming volume it isn't at the clipped point

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Even if you lower the level of the song its still clipped...

I sine wave is suppose to be smooth and round by lowering the "gain" or overall volume of the song the squared off wave just is smaller but still squared off....which will still be a clip and make your woofers see a clipped signal...just not a harsh of one....but it's still a clip nonetheless....

Quit throwing misinformation around....I'm sick of people not knowing what they are talking about telling people to do this...when it could potentially cause them to blow some equipment.

edit: And just because audacity doesn't show those little red bars doesn't mean it not clipped the recording volume might not be high enough to show a clip when one may actually be present.

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...