L7 Ported or sealed?

Hello,I have 2 L7's in a sealed box,the sound quality to me is great and it hits hard. I have been hearing that putting them in a ported box will lower the power handling,is this true? Also what are some of you guy's score on the TL with L7's and what was your setup?

Hello,I have 2 L7's in a sealed box,the sound quality to me is great and it hits hard. I have been hearing that putting them in a ported box will lower the power handling,is this true? Also what are some of you guy's score on the TL with L7's and what was your setup?

i think it lower the handling, but more than makes up for it with output, if designed correctly.

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

All info is from 2002 and are official Termlab numbers. Pontiac LeMans hatchback with stock electrical, 1 Kicker ZR360 and 2 of the original L7 10s dual 2 ohm. Kicker ZR360 ran at nominal 2 ohm.

1st LOL particle board box that was about 1.3 cubic feet per chamber. 133 DB (I could be wrong about the cubic feet, box was built way before the L7s even excisted.)

2nd MDF box 1.4 cubic feet per chamber. 136 DB

3rd ported MDF box around 2.63 cubes per woofer. 142 DB all day long and 144s if I needed too but was takeing a chance on blowing woofers.

This ported box had sound quaility too.

4th was a local comp and they were useing an Audio Control meter. Same box as #3 except I had to remove one woofer so I could be in the single woofer class. The Kicker ZR360 was ran at nominal 1 ohm and I scored a 139 DB.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

For the last few years I have been running a Rockford Fosgate 1501BD (1600 watts nominal) to 2 2006 L7 10s sealed .7 cubic feet.

I don't have any numbers but the woofers are still in perfect shape. I have 4 L7 10s and each set has 1 full year worth of use on them powered by the 1501BD.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

i ran a 15" L7 on a kicker 1000 watt amp in a ported box dont remember size but i hit a 143 sealed but with a AC mic

2 15" DC LVL 5' crescendo 5500 yellow top under the hood and two xs power d3100

Big three upgrade

Rockford Fosgate T162S components in front

Rockford Fosgate T152 in the back

Dynamat everywhere