Sundown Audio

running two t4000.1s

deadbroke

from what i heard at least 2 batteries per amp

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

I'd say at least 4 or 5 big batts.. Like Odyssey 2150, Northstar NSB-125, XS 3100, Kinetik 3800, etc similar performance batts.

I'm running just under 9,000w after adding in my front stage amps and I'm running 2 300a Ohio Gen alts, 5 NSB-125s + NSB-75 under hood and (2) 2/0 runs per amp... I get very little voltage drop and that is mostly just during multiple bassrace runs or demos one after another.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

i have two 300 amp alternators and two rf t4000.1bd's how can i calculate how many batteries i need? i plan on running them both at 1 ohm. for example the odyessy pc2150's

Nice, thats alot of power. What subs you using and in what vehicle?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

well i have 2 of the odyssey 2150's and built a box for it already so i might be halfway there. my system is dedicated i will actually be running 3 300 amp alts but my third will power just the vehicle and a smaller odyssey battery i have. i'm running out of room for more batteries i have a feeling if i fit any more it would only be one more.

this is going in my s10 and am planning on btl 15's. i seen and heard a lot of good things about them i was going to go with ss xxx's but i heard the surrounds aren't all that great and tend to require a recone more often than not

Edited by deadbroke

I'd say at least 4 or 5 big batts.. Like Odyssey 2150, Northstar NSB-125, XS 3100, Kinetik 3800, etc similar performance batts.

I'm running just under 9,000w after adding in my front stage amps and I'm running 2 300a Ohio Gen alts, 5 NSB-125s + NSB-75 under hood and (2) 2/0 runs per amp... I get very little voltage drop and that is mostly just during multiple bassrace runs or demos one after another.

and this is crazy you found 2/0 guage wire i had no luck finding any so i am doing a crap load of 1/0 runs

so after having researched around a little i finally found a relay for more than 200 amps. the pac 500 off sonic electronics. here is my plan now having listened to all your opinions on batteries i came up with a new idea tell me if it sounds good.

i have my two 2150s on my dedicated system and a pc 1500 hooked up for my truck only running its own 300 amp alternator. my idea was to run the relay after the pc1500 to my buss bars allowing my amps to run off of all 3 of my batteries and 3 300 amp alternators. would this help eliminate my need for more batteries and by the way i am pretty sure i won't be playing my system at max for more than a minute or so.

thoughts, opinions, ideas. thinking of ways around more batteries lol not lazy more like space saving. thanks fellas

you would have a greater benefit of not isolating that 300 amp alt to just your car.

it only takes about 80 amps to run most cars, so the other 220 or so would just be wasted

just run all three alts together and connect the front battery to the rest of them.