So most of you know that i'm a store manager with RadioShack. If you dont, it helps to know this for the story. Sort of a short story, but one i had a great deal of laughter with.

So this guy comes in my store today with a piece of receipt paper from Best Buy with "impedance doubler" wrote on it. He hands it to me and says nothing but: "I need one of these". I read it, then turned it over and looked at the back which had their legal info and what not on the receipt, proving it was from them. Now i'm thinking "what the fuck is an impedance doubler?!" So I asked him what he was needing it for. He tells me he has 2 4ohm speakers and wants to wire them into his amp that has an 8ohm output. At this point, i'm dying on the inside. I mean really? So i asked what part of Best Buy sent you here to get this? He told me the mobile audio dept. So this is a really big face palm. I explained to him that he did not need his "impedance doubler" but rather it is in the way the speakers are wired to the amp that determines the impedance. I drew him up a diagram of the way he needed to wire it. He was baffled and thankful that he didnt have to spend any money. He then went on his way. I had a good time after this with my employees making fun of Best Buy.

I don't get to use my audio knowledge much at the shack on account of us not selling car audio stuff, so my brain never even went this way until i asked him what it was for. Good times.

Edited by bibby

shit was up man i work at a radioshack too. getting ready for "Shack Firday". lol. i know what you mean about best buy i get people all the time cause they dont sell them the right thing or the forget to attach it.

2 15 RE SE

1 Audiopipe 1500d

Sony HU

Batcap 800 in the back

Team Tex~Flex

teamtexflex-1.jpg

TeamSMD6.png

Hey I worked for the Shack for 1 month.

And I almost got hired by Best Buy as an Installer but turned it down.

What I did find out was that BB installers may know Car Audio.

But the guys on the sales floor are general customer service associates that cover personal electronics such as IPODs and walkmen and electric razors and even the keyboards and karaoke machines along with the car audio dept.

So being that general, your not gonna find a car audio guy at every store.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Oh no doubt man, i know there are some good people behind the scenes at some of them. I'm not trying to hate, it was just too good not to share.

shit was up man i work at a radioshack too. getting ready for "Shack Firday". lol. i know what you mean about best buy i get people all the time cause they dont sell them the right thing or the forget to attach it.

Heck yea man, one more week. I love working on black friday. It's the funnest day of the year. I'm also looking foward to the dress code change, FTW!

Oh no doubt man, i know there are some good people behind the scenes at some of them. I'm not trying to hate, it was just too good not to share.

Heck yea man, one more week. I love working on black friday. It's the funnest day of the year. I'm also looking foward to the dress code change, FTW!

Hellz yeah! i get tired of white and black lol

2 15 RE SE

1 Audiopipe 1500d

Sony HU

Batcap 800 in the back

Team Tex~Flex

teamtexflex-1.jpg

TeamSMD6.png

yea im an installer at best buy. and iv seen some shit. but there are only 2 of us at my store and we arent tards

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056