Help with box design for 1 18" DC level 5

curse

the wide part near license plate is 46" wide, about 14 deep at the sides, and 17.5" tall. the total depth is something like 36-40, but the back part is unusuable because it is only 14 or 15" tall (my trunk rises up at the back for some strange reason), and the width in the back half is 32" wide. can put up pics with dimensions if it would be more helpful.

edit: if i go with a "T" shaped box i would gain an extra 1.5 cu. ft. or so, im just wondering how it would affect the sound

lance2.png

K well we've established it can fit but does anyone know if an enclosure 14"high x 34" deep x 32" wide will work? someone here said it will sound like crap in that enclosure =/

fire the sub up under the deck and fire the port back against the license plate

best i got was ~5.7cuft@33hz (6" wide slot port) with those dimensions

tuned lower the volume goes down too

u have to use 3/4 and u need to brace the walls top to bottom, side to side, and front to back

any flexing of the wood = lost output and dBs, and .5" mdf isnt rigid enuf to reduce panel resonance

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Anyone know whether it would still sound bad, even with a lot of sound deadening in the trunk? I'm just really liking the deal so im pretty interested in running this setup, but its starting to look like its not happening =/ and 3/4 with bracing it is!

lance2.png

Make it 5 cubes after all displacement and fire it forwards or backwards how you ask well put an angle on the front baffle sothebottomcomes out further on the bottom and 3/4 is a must and you'll be good.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

Archived