I need help buying a digital camera

Ok im looking for a camera for the g/f, she wants one for xmas and i dont know exactly what to look for.

she already has an 8MP sony point and shoot its nice, but im looking for something to take rapid pictures.

i know there are cameras that take like 10 photos real fast... im good with electronices, but with cameras my knowledge doesnt go beyond point and shoot really.

my budget is 400 max , she needs something for concerts , to take quick bursts of several pictures , her current setup has too long of a delay between pushing the button and taking a picture.

the camera doesnt have to be a point and shoot -- the only thing it has to do is take really fast pictures. shell use her reg sony for reg pictures and use the new camera for concerts/ important events. size really is of no concern.

im looking for something not extremely complicated. more than a point and shoot, but less than changing lenses and tripods if that makes sense.

MP id like 10+ but 8 or 9 is ok

any feed back is welcome, id like to know what i can look for in the specs and what not to identify the fps im looking for

black friday is coming, and maybe i can pick something up.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I, personally, love newegg.com for cameras and recommended it to friends as well. They usually have good package deals and free shipping.

You shud be able to find something. If you want to know if its a good deal (which it should be) just use pricegrabber to look at other prices out there.

images-1.jpg