Boon Posted November 24, 2009 Report Posted November 24, 2009 So, I just scored a pair of ID CD1 horns cheap. Gonna run them in my daily with about 75w to each side. Bass will be 2 or 4 DD1508's when I get around to it. I need some suggestions for an SQ-ish woofer. Needs to be 6.5" so I don't have to get crazy on the doors to mount it. I want to crossover it somewhere between 2 and 3khz with a 80hz highpass. Gotta be available as drivers only, I don't wanna pay for X-overs and tweets I'm not going to use. Budget is anything, within reason. Power is pretty much unlimited too, I can easily throw 300+w at each driver. Some ideas to get things started... DDA-W6.5 DLS Scandinavia 6/2 Atomic Quantum 6 Ideas? 10.x volts fo' life!
Andrew2944r Posted November 24, 2009 Report Posted November 24, 2009 CDT M6+ CDT HD6.5's Team Ampere Audio
ISO Posted November 24, 2009 Report Posted November 24, 2009 Morel is one of the few companies that would have a real solid driver capable of that. Its hard to find a 6.5 that will go up to 2000,3000 hertz incredibly cleanly. IMO Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one. "Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go." Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. The Destruction of a person builds character.
Neel Posted November 24, 2009 Report Posted November 24, 2009 Sweet , im happy to see one other person on SMD with horns other then me! Horns are amazingly efficient, so you are going to want to find a driver that is efficient enough to keep up with them. I would get some Image XS65s and give em the 300rms you have, dynamic headroom FTW. Too Much Stuff to list .
Boon Posted November 24, 2009 Author Report Posted November 24, 2009 Sweet , im happy to see one other person on SMD with horns other then me! Horns are amazingly efficient, so you are going to want to find a driver that is efficient enough to keep up with them. I would get some Image XS65s and give em the 300rms you have, dynamic headroom FTW. Not terribly worried about efficiency since I'll be able to throw a simply hideous amount of power at them if I have to. Whatever the driver can take... theoretically I could drive each side with over 10kw but I don't think that will really be necessary 10.x volts fo' life!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.