Sonic Electronix

146.4 dbzz audio pipe 3000d

Yeah, um... We actually do know what we're doing. I happen to be an NSPL champion and he was the runner up this past year. In competition you run the amps lower than they are stable to get max power for burps.

I run my Sundown saz2000d's that are 1 ohm stable strapped at .5 ohms (which allows each amp to see .25 ohms) for burps. Are you gonna tell me I don't know what I'm doing too?

This isn't my first rodeo cowboy, lol. Don't take me the wrong way, I just don't think you know my background enough to say myself or one of my former teamates doesn't know what they're doing when it comes to running an amp below impedence.

LOL my point stated i got your back bro, dam noobs think they know everything.

LOL my point stated i got your back bro, dam noobs think they know everything.

Thanks Mike :) I hate when people doubt something that I am 100% right about. Hell the guy that did it is a member here on the site as well. Not to mention that some others I know of running the same amp at an even lower impedence and getting the bish to protect about 1 sec into the burp.

Now one reason the amp may not have made the power that it "might" be capable of was due to impedence rise. The problem is that you would have to have one hell of an efficient box with no rise at all to even begin to tell what it would do cause lower than 1 ohm and it will protect all day long.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

First off I'm far from a noob, don't belittle my intelligence. I'm just stating what I know, so don't become a ass about a simple post. And Im sorry, he mustve had an older model because we just clamped a AP3000 this past Sunday, and it did about 1700 at almost four ohms, so yes their rated, and why would you even try to run it at one ohm? Also don't judge someone by his post count, I know alot more than what that little number represents. Don't let ignorance blind you

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

First off I'm far from a noob, don't belittle my intelligence. I'm just stating what I know, so don't become a ass about a simple post. And Im sorry, he mustve had an older model because we just clamped a AP3000 this past Sunday, and it did about 1700 at almost four ohms, so yes their rated, and why would you even try to run it at one ohm? Also don't judge someone by his post count, I know alot more than what that little number represents. Don't let ignorance blind you

I'm not doubting you one bit. I can tell from your choice in equiptment you have more of an understanding of car audio than most. If you can choose decent brands then you more than likely have an idea of what your doing.

Now if you also refer to my last post I said that maybe the amp wasn't making the power due to a high impedence rise. That could be the possibility or maybe not. The amp is questionable cause I've seen bench test results on it and it's NEVER done it's rated 3K. NEVER, not once, not even within 500 watts of it so there is where my doubt comes from.

Also if you know anything about competition you know that 99% of serious competitors will run below impedence to compensate for high rise and to make more power for sanctioned events. There is the answer to WHY it was run below the rated impedence of 2 ohms.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

I said the 3500.1 is one ohm stable. I know the 3000.1 is 2 ohm stable, when did I say different?

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

I said the 3500.1 is one ohm stable. I know the 3000.1 is 2 ohm stable, when did I say different?

3000 can and cant be 1 ohm stable a few guys on forum have ran em at 1 ohm bridged and gotten away with it, im not gonna try it with mine but just stating.

I know APs aren't comp amps. Hell I wouldn't run them myself, however, from the bench testing we done on the 3K it seems solid, we have yet to test the 3500.1 at all. Their decent daily amps, but I wouldnt trade my SAZ for anything competing. I'm just stating what I know, and we did the testing in my car. The Ap couldve maybe pulled more if my grounds on my RCAs weren't busted.

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

You've got me lost here. I don't think that anyone is questioning what impedence each of these amps opperates at.

On another note we should probably quit thread jacking Machado's thread here now. It's a bit rude and I for one am done.

Sorry Machado, I would still like to see some pics of the setup when you get a chance. I bet you are running some of those badass flared ports that you make.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Archived