Sundown Audio

NO LONGER A SUPPORTER! OF ROCKFORD FOSGATE!!!!!!

solosickness

i remember someone else on here had a rockford amp blown and it was because of about a 2" x 2" metal screen that fell off the case and shorted out some internal components.

that would prolly be the screen in front of the fan.

AND ANOTHER THING

no idea if it was normal or not but when ever it warmed up only the left side got warm i heard it was normal but is it?...

Ride Stats:

2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System

X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*"

X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser"

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's"

x1 Kinetik 1800

x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals

x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals

x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands.

x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge.

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.

I read the first page, not going to read the other pages, so I dont know if this has been said yet.

1) your batts, maybe drained from jumping your sisters car from night before

2) woke up in the morning, batteries not charged up yet, and just cranked your amp on dead batteries

3) ground the batteries in the back to chassis ground is a bad idea, it works, but slower charging, and not that reliable.

So you might have killed your amp by not running ground from front to back, and the jump start the night before

just a guess

So your saying grounding your batts to the frame Is not good..? :01nocomment8so:

WWW.OSGINDUSTRIES.COM

I LOVE HATER'S

well odd's are its my fualt...but im just really pissed

so its your fault the amp went out. yet you're talking shit about RF? :01nocomment8so:

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

yeah I really don't think that title suits this thread.

I came in here expecting to find something out about RF's CS that I've never heard and maybe thats why you didn't support them anymore but since you haven't even talked to them based off the fact you don't know the repair rate then you can't say anything bad about the company when it was USER ERROR!

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

they do it everyday

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

Not going to read it all but Ill guarantee you that jumping your sisters car didnt fry the amp I jump cars every now and again with my truck off and nothing happens also the "chassis Ground" in your car is worthless the ZX3 is unibody so there isnt really any great sheet metal for a ground you needed to run as many runs of wire as you have for the posative for your ground especially with that sort of power blame the crappy ground

damn i got less battery power than him..i better quit playin mine till i get the juice for it!

lol

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

i remember someone else on here had a rockford amp blown and it was because of about a 2" x 2" metal screen that fell off the case and shorted out some internal components.

x2

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

that would prolly be the screen in front of the fan.

AND ANOTHER THING

no idea if it was normal or not but when ever it warmed up only the left side got warm i heard it was normal but is it?...

iirc mine does the same thing because one side is the input section and 1 side is the output section, and only the output section gets warm...again, that is if I remember correctly

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Archived