ok here is the story, my stock headliner is trashed, it dosnt look that hard to cover as it will be all one piece, ive done a few things similar to this before and i can do it my question is how do i get the stock headliner off? or can i just put the new suede material ontop of it...if not do i take it all off and get a new foam pad thing? where can i get that at...also what is the best type of glue to use? i think it would be easiest to put it ontop of the stock but i dont know if it will hold

thanks

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

damn, no one has done a headliner?

Dont really have any exp. with headliners however I would think you would want to refrain from putting the new material onto the old headliner, since if the old headliner starts to sag/come unglued your new material would do the same since it is connected to it.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

i think 3m might be the best glue...i havent done anything but its harder then it looks tho...talk to kasey or meade

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

I about to put black sweade on my headliner. and i was just going to take off the headliner then put it around the sides and glue all the sides if that makes sense to you ? and just make sure you put all the panel parts and what not back as tight so it dosnt drop down.

i think 3m might be the best glue...i havent done anything but its harder then it looks tho...talk to kasey or meade

i have he dosnt know either...i dont think it will be hard at all to do...its just doing it right the first time...thats what i need to know how to do

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I about to put black sweade on my headliner. and i was just going to take off the headliner then put it around the sides and glue all the sides if that makes sense to you ? and just make sure you put all the panel parts and what not back as tight so it dosnt drop down.

so your saying do it tight but only spray the edge all the way around on the back side and stick it to that? that dosnt seem like it would work to me

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

i have been told by a couple upholstery guys to leave the old material on as long as its not sagging

its from 04, not sagging one bit...it just has a few small gashes in it i wanna cover up and its dirty stained...plus i want seude in the truck, but thats the only place...what kinda glue should i use zak?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

Archived