Sundown Audio

schneider spa7000x

jazza02

i got a schneider spa7000x not to long ago and would like to know what is the TRUE power of this amp. All that i got from the previous owner is that it does 4000rms @1ohm @12V . so if any know's the TRUE power it does that would be great.

also are there and bad points too the amp ?

australia03junehl4.gifCURRENT SET UP

Factory HeadunitGladen dual splits

Audio helon 4ch amp

Audio Helon 9kwrms monoBlock

2 15" Custom built Pap subs rated at 3kwrms each

that's bridged to get the power rating. all i want to know is what power roughly at 14.4V and 13.8V what power the amp puts out i intend to run q 12" MT off it at 1ohm for comps and don't want to think is has 4000rms them find out it really does around 5000rms then run the risk of blowing a expensvie subwoofer.

Audio helon 4ch amp

Ok I owned 2 of these, know them pretty well ;)

12v 1 ohm power is about 3.6kw

12v 0.5/0.25 ohm gets you closer to 4kw

14.4v 1 ohm = 5kw but no way you'll keep the voltage at 14.4 on these, they pull around 500A at full tilt

0.5 ohms and 0.25 ohms especially need a rolled burp in a Street setup with only 1 battery. 0.5 ohms will work for a pause burp or daily if you have loads of good electrical behind it.

And 4kw will blow a MT just as fast (read: 1 burp in extreme cases) as 5kw if you clip it. Likewise the MT will take 5kw easily as long as it's clean power.

DO NOT SCREW THESE AMPS TO YOUR BOX. Or anywhere that vibrates a lot. They use spring clips with vertical mosfets and if you snap off an output FET due to vibration the entire amp will shit itself.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Ok I owned 2 of these, know them pretty well ;)

12v 1 ohm power is about 3.6kw

12v 0.5/0.25 ohm gets you closer to 4kw

14.4v 1 ohm = 5kw but no way you'll keep the voltage at 14.4 on these, they pull around 500A at full tilt

0.5 ohms and 0.25 ohms especially need a rolled burp in a Street setup with only 1 battery. 0.5 ohms will work for a pause burp or daily if you have loads of good electrical behind it.

And 4kw will blow a MT just as fast (read: 1 burp in extreme cases) as 5kw if you clip it. Likewise the MT will take 5kw easily as long as it's clean power.

DO NOT SCREW THESE AMPS TO YOUR BOX. Or anywhere that vibrates a lot. They use spring clips with vertical mosfets and if you snap off an output FET due to vibration the entire amp will shit itself.

damm 2 lol that would have been a pain in the ass trying to get the juice to them .

3.6kw at 12V is still bloody geat . i got a 750cca battery in the front and 980~cca in the front. stock alt and NO big 3 upgrade

so i think il wire the MT at 4ohm for daily and comps. as the corolla's alt wont keep the powah up lol

but yeah i plan to mount the amp to the back of the seats. cause i got a hatch back. Mount timber first then mount the amp to the timber and maybe buy some rubber to mount under it so it wont get thashed by bassss ;p

so that amp is stable at .25 and .5 ohm ??

Audio helon 4ch amp

is the amp stable at .5ohm for daily use if i can keep the power up to it ???

Audio helon 4ch amp

well i was planning at one staget to have 4 of these and 4 12MT's all run ar around 4k @1ohm at roughly 13V flat .

Audio helon 4ch amp

ok just got my self a another battery it's a small one and is going into the front it's 380cca . so that would make it around 2000cca and around 190A/H

Audio helon 4ch amp