6 1/2 Comps or 6x9 3-way??

Mosin

I'm looking to replace my mid/high set-up in the rear deck of my GA GT but IDK what to go with..

First off, what has better SQ? Comps or 3-way 'oval' speakers?

I want something with decent SQ but I want it to scream pretty loud as well. I was wondering out of these 2 sets, which would be better at doing it for me?

Or is there something out there for the same money as these 2 that'll be even better?

Kicker KS6930

Kicker KS60.2

They will see amp power, either 75RMS or 150RMS. Haven't decided yet.

If I decided comps, would these adapters work?

Adapters

Derp.

What do u have right now for a front stage??

I'd suggest running the components for sure.. Found these for a little more than u the others, but if they're anything like the previous Power comps then they're well worth the money. Plus they are damn clean and get loud as all hell - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_19564_...er+T1652-S.html

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I'd suggest getting a comps that I had in my last post and putting those up front... Then taking those Infinitys and putting them in back.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

How would that help by putting Infinity's in rear and the Power comps up front? Better SQ or?

But you'd bet on comps getting louder than 3-way ovals?

Yes, by mounting the comps in the kicks or the speakers in the doors + tweets in the a-pillars the SQ/output/etc would be much better. Why would u put the better speaker set in the rear of the car when you're driving from the front??

The 6x9s will be more bassy but the comps will likely win in all other categories... The older RF Power comps were incredible IMO for the price and power they needed. Were pretty clear, incredibly loud and were indestructable.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

Seems like a good idea, I just don't wanna modify/cut anything in the doors. Not looking for the perfect SQ set-up.

Being as my highest price I could go is roughly $120, what else is there out there that could perform just as well if not better than the Kicker comps?

Derp.

Archived