Second Skin Audio

What software to use??

This right here!!!

I love his program, it takes out all the guessing, makes a simple design very quick and easy. It even tells you how much port area should be used in the size box you are using..

Pretty pathetic that there are all these stupid stickys posted, but yet one of the best freeware software programs from a SMD member cant get stickyed. :(

you know...i like you more and more each day :D ahhahaha. my update is SO close to being ready. with a whole slew of things. imo it's going to be MUCH better. taking the guesswork out of whether it's a slot port or not, and if it bends. and trying to figure a way to do the cut sheet for the ports :) and one of the hardest formulas to figure out lol. a box with 2 different depths. seems easy enough...but no. it's not really. it is after seeing the problem/solution tho. but i had to join a math forum to get some help on that lol. before i post it up tho i may as a few questions for a general consensus on a few things tho. kinda a majority rule :)

and sketchup is cake! there's a tutorial or two here on this forum that shows how to make a box. you only need a few tools. rectangle, line, push/pull, and the circle one. and the ruler comes in handy at times.

and my calculator does the whole thing. you need the box volume in order to do the port ;) there is no one size fits all type thing, so it's all one big variable

ah man no worries! it's all a constant learning process. you were pretty close for your first time imo. if you get a tahoe then you have plenty of room. i'd maybe go a little bigger to around 2 cubes per sub and around 15-16 sq inches of port per cube

and RE's calc is nice for the fact that if you need a visual, and just happen to be building one the way they have their picture designed to show, then yeah you can see the box there. but it's also not very accurate. it's generally a few or more hz off of tuning.

Well what I did was take the dimensions from the alpine manual for my subs and doubled it and then added then that was the size of port they had so i probably messed up on some of my dimensions because some of it confused me because it said 15 sq inches then it said 12x1.25 inches

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

And I am downloading the .net thingy so i can download your box builder thing

2002 Chevy Blazer

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

This right here!!!

I love his program, it takes out all the guessing, makes a simple design very quick and easy. It even tells you how much port area should be used in the size box you are using..

Pretty pathetic that there are all these stupid stickys posted, but yet one of the best freeware software programs from a SMD member cant get stickyed. :(

touche

consider it done..give me a minute...

i likes me some audio stuff...

Just tell you how to do the port on a BASIC box

and most boxes are basic, along with most people needing to build basic ported boxes. ported boxes themselves are basic, which is what my calculator is made for. no t-lines, bandpasses, etc. tho t-lines are easier to design over ported imo.

EDIT: sorry for off topic...but umm...how would you pronounce your name? lol

Edited by ExpoSport

and most boxes are basic, along with most people needing to build basic ported boxes. ported boxes themselves are basic, which is what my calculator is made for. no t-lines, bandpasses, etc. tho t-lines are easier to design over ported imo.

EDIT: sorry for off topic...but umm...how would you pronounce your name? lol

I was told t-lines were harder than crap to build

2002 Chevy Blazer

Here try this...

Well what I did was take the dimensions from the alpine manual for my subs and doubled it and then added then that was the size of port they had so i probably messed up on some of my dimensions because some of it confused me because it said 15 sq inches then it said 12x1.25 inches

it said for it to be 12 x 1.25"? i personally dont like that. it may be fine, but ports that are too thin are susceptible to port noise. and port noise is stupid :P