Sonic Electronix

looking for good sub and amp upgrade

JL Audio makes some pretty great subs, and they are some of the best subs for SQ. I do not know about the newer ones like the W7s but my 12" W3s are amazing.. and My 10" W1s are pretty good too. I also Have a triple W0 10" set up. What happened to your JL 1000/1 amp?

What happened to your JL 1000/1 amp?

I mounted it to the top of my box and I think I blew the amp. I keep blowing fuses and it makes noises when theres no sound going to it. I'm going to send it to JL and see what they say

The Current Rides:

2003 GS300: Eclipse AVN-5435, Diamond Audio components, JL 300/4, Old school punch 60, Kicker comp VR10. Nothing rediclous

2003 Ford Expedition - Eclipse AVN-5510, JL 13W7 and 1000/1. Soon to be bigger :)

JL Audio makes some pretty great subs, and they are some of the best subs for SQ. I do not know about the newer ones like the W7s but my 12" W3s are amazing.. and My 10" W1s are pretty good too. I also Have a triple W0 10" set up. What happened to your JL 1000/1 amp?

There are many sq drivers out there that are better than JL, especially for the price tag.

Edited by Basshead08

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

I would never mount a amp on top of a box unless your have rubber shoes between the amp and box. Even then I wouldn't do it. But If your looking into a BTL that's the wrong sub to look into, that's a SPL sub, but the Q, or two, would get down and sound excellent while doing it in the right enclosure built right ( do not buy prefab period.)

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

I was looking at the DD9500g. What's these retail?

Also what kind of amp should I be looking at? It's rated at 1500rms. Can I get away with 2k?

Just some n00b questions

The Current Rides:

2003 GS300: Eclipse AVN-5435, Diamond Audio components, JL 300/4, Old school punch 60, Kicker comp VR10. Nothing rediclous

2003 Ford Expedition - Eclipse AVN-5510, JL 13W7 and 1000/1. Soon to be bigger :)

Also what kind of amp should I be looking at? It's rated at 1500rms. Can I get away with 2k?

Just some n00b questions

The Current Rides:

Just some n00b questions

Retail is lots and lots of money.

1500wrms rating is kind of a joke. I ran mine for a while on a Stetsom 10kd @ 0.75 ohms if that gives you an idea of the power they'll take (8kw++!)

Daily they'll take 4kw. DD 35 series is a much better match to the power you'll have.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!