Hey I'm gonna be getting a Viper 5901 for my 2002 Acura Tl, on viper's site it says I'll need the XpressKit XK05 and when I was doing more information on my car it said the XK05 is for newer lexus/toyota vehicles. I just want to make sure that the XK05 is what I need before I buy it all, or if there's another immobilizer bypass I should use. Thanks.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

PKALL will work also... or you can just use a 556u and a valet key...

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

PKALL will work also... or you can just use a 556u and a valet key...

What would you recommend as far as what'd work best, the XK05, the PKALL, or the 556u?

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
DC 3.5k
Hertz HDP4 Amp
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

What would you recommend as far as what'd work best, the XK05, the PKALL, or the 556u?

They will all work equally well... we were having problems with the PKALL's for a while because directed had two different locations manufactoring the bypasses for them and they were putting in two wire harnesses that were pinned completely different! I believe they have fixed that since then, since all the ones we have got as of lately have been fine. If you get an XK05 or a PKALL make sure you get the LATEST INSTALLATION MANUAL off their website. They change literally monthly... also you need to make sure that if you do an XK05 that is comes with the PKH2 v:1.00 firmware on it.

For ease of use and less hassle the 556u would probably be your best bet, along with being the cheapest route...

I would say the PKALL or XK05 if you had data controlled doorlocks... but you don't and those bypasses will only do transponder for you.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

They will all work equally well... we were having problems with the PKALL's for a while because directed had two different locations manufactoring the bypasses for them and they were putting in two wire harnesses that were pinned completely different! I believe they have fixed that since then, since all the ones we have got as of lately have been fine. If you get an XK05 or a PKALL make sure you get the LATEST INSTALLATION MANUAL off their website. They change literally monthly... also you need to make sure that if you do an XK05 that is comes with the PKH2 v:1.00 firmware on it.

For ease of use and less hassle the 556u would probably be your best bet, along with being the cheapest route...

I would say the PKALL or XK05 if you had data controlled doorlocks... but you don't and those bypasses will only do transponder for you.

Alright thanks for all the help man I think I'll go with the XK05. Also if I remember right you install at a shop, and I was going to have a shop install my alarm but they quoted me 300 to install it..is this ridiculous or not?

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
DC 3.5k
Hertz HDP4 Amp
XS Power D2400 Up Front

Alright thanks for all the help man I think I'll go with the XK05. Also if I remember right you install at a shop, and I was going to have a shop install my alarm but they quoted me 300 to install it..is this ridiculous or not?

Ouch... if they do good work it could be worth it... we charge $180 for alarm and remote start install if it is brought in.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

They're the best in town and the only one's I'd trust to not come jack my car afterwards (lots of ghetto shops here) so I guess I gotta bite the bullet cause I'm not messing with the alarm haha

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
DC 3.5k
Hertz HDP4 Amp
XS Power D2400 Up Front

They're the best in town and the only one's I'd trust to not come jack my car afterwards (lots of ghetto shops here) so I guess I gotta bite the bullet cause I'm not messing with the alarm haha

We do the 5701's for $449.99 installed... are you really saving that much money ordering it off the internet and taking it to them? how much do they charge for a 5701 installed? or equivalent system.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

Well I went ahead and called them up and decided to change from Viper to Autopage cause they carry them and can get me a better deal... An Autopage C3 RS-915LCD + Bypass + Install for $500+tax which seems reasonable to me.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
DC 3.5k
Hertz HDP4 Amp
XS Power D2400 Up Front

Well I went ahead and called them up and decided to change from Viper to Autopage cause they carry them and can get me a better deal... An Autopage C3 RS-915LCD + Bypass + Install for $500+tax which seems reasonable to me.

Autopage makes good stuff. You should be happy with it, and the price isn't bad either.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

Archived