Sonic Electronix

Winter and Subwoofers....

Ya i was guna mention moisture...but i didn't want to sound stupid, because i didnt know if it was true. But I would say if you live some where that is cold buy some subs you don't care about from a friend and get a less quality amp too. Remember you do not have to be loud all the time. Just for showin off and competitions.

theres couple things actually that i've seen living in alberta average winters -30+

1- subs with plastic cones tend to crack is super cold and wanged on hard

2- yes moisture subs get hot and sometimes it causes condensation which gets into the inerds (not a word i know) of a sub

3- condensation freezing your sub turning it on and yeah

really all i can say is let your car warm up before wanging on it and dont wang on it if its to cold

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

The only issue I've ever had in winter(when i lived in NYC) was with woofers that had foam surrounds. I've seen them get brittle and tear very easily when u turn them on immediately without letting the car warm up.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

and that is why i have a switch to turn my amp(s) on so i can keep everything else on and subs off

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

and that is why i have a switch to turn my amp(s) on so i can keep everything else on and subs off

x2 on dat. I have mine for that reasons also, and for when the cops pops outta no where. I have mine on the panel just under the foot-emergency brake so i can hit it with my foot when the time comes.

ive been wondering this, but i was pretty sure that the subs would have the same issues in the summer as in the winter, like the sub being really cold is just as bad as the sub being really hot when the temp gets warm in the summer, and thats when people wang the hardest, ive told kids at my school that as long as they warm their cars up before they bump that they can keep them in, but most still took them out...dumb mofos, but this was definitely a good post, didnt know if i was wrong or not lol

1997 Pontiac Bonneville Black on Black on Black

15" DC Sound Labs Level 5 w/ quad coil in a T-Line tuned to 35 hz

7" Jensen VM9311TS Touch Screen Flip Out w/ J-Link

Blue Custom Trim

Blue Custom Fiberglass Rear Speaker Pods

Autotek Mean Machine MM2000.1

1/0 Knukonceptz KLMX

Rockford Fosgate Twisted RCA's

2 Audiopipe Anl fuse holders w/ 200A Kicker fuses

2nd battery (Soon to be an Odyssey D3100)

Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack

Custom False Floor

15% Tint All Around

Custom Painted Stock Rims

My Build Log

Tailights

15" Lvl 5 DC T-Line Build

Archived