06' Expedition - Treo SSi 15s

i can't believe you run all four of those amps off that stock alt. have you done the big 3? heck my hifonics 1501d cuts off if i cut it up loud and the bass starts to slam too hard. my gains are only up a tad bit. anyways now i'm thinking about doing 4 12s and put them in an enclosure where i can take out two if possible.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

6- 15s in a T-line? how is that physically possible? It couldnt be a true t-line, thats for sure. A tline needs a port area that is constant with the cone area, and the length of the t-line is based on the frequency. if you were anywhere close to the orginal 32hz, you would see about a 9foot long (Per 15" ) with a port area of about 160-175sq inches (Per 15")... do the math, thats a little impossible, unless you have either a night club, or a 12 passenger church bus.Now, just 1-15" I can squeeze in a small hatch back area of a Ford Aspire, tune it to 40hz, with a 40hz bass boost, and see a 146db with 500 watts. but that box, tuned at 40 hz, has a t-line that is 7ft long, with a constant port area of 175sq inches. The box was 17deep x 44" wide, and 20 tall, and with the amp mounted to the seat, the seat didnt go all the way in place. just to show, a  real t-line is pretty huge. I know Toxic bass knows there sht, but I just think saying 6-15s in a tline, in anything driveable for every day, is a pretty HUGE feat. Maybe a super small ported box, with a 9foot long port, or port as long as the frequency desired, now thats possible.here are a few pics of T-lines I have done, just for 12"s ( one is 1 i designed for my buddy, and each box did well over a 140 with absolute min power- like 250-500rms)

post-13-1158955773.jpg

Image082.jpg_thumb

post-13-1158955776.jpg

carpeted_002.jpg_thumb

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i wouldn't mind hearing that enclosure, that's a nice design

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived