Sundown Audio

PLEASE EVERYONE HELP ME!!!

steven

My friend was wiring my amp while I was putting in my subs . He put the power in the ground terminal and the ground in the power terminal. I turned on the stereo and nothing I went to the trunk and saw what he did and disconnected it re-wired it and it didnt come on at all. Now to answer some questions before they are asked.

1) The amp is an aq3500

2) There was No popping sound

3) ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKE OR SMELL!

4) The fuse to near the battery didnt blow

5) If ANYONE needs pics of the board I will gladly take as many as you want Im staying online for a few hours so what ever you need to see I take a pic or vid just ask....

PLEASE HELP THANKS...

Edited by steven
steven.jpg

fuses on amp??

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

what happened was you let your friend attemp to wire up an expensive amp, and he failed misserably

ya I know but is there a way to re-pair this or what? I have blown amps before by running them at .5 ohms but any time i have had damage there was smoke. I didnt have any. Thats why im so confused with this.

steven.jpg

any chance you didnt hook up the remote wire nothing looks damaged..

re hook it up the right way and check the fuses if there are any on the outside of the amp

also check to make sure your getting +12 back there .. he mighta chose a dead ground area. and there was no voltage back there to fry it.. if so smack the hell outta your freind for being a idiot.

Edited by chewie

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

any chance you didnt hook up the remote wire nothing looks damaged..

re hook it up the right way and check the fuses if there are any on the outside of the amp

was just about to say that

no fuses on the outside and ya I re-wired it my self I had hooked up early today so i know my wiring was correct I am wondering it he blew a fuse in the car somewhere tomorrow morning I'll try once again. I will also put it in my friends car to see if it works in his he as a sundown 3000 so the wire should be compatible...

steven.jpg

a fuse in the car wouldnt cause that.. the battery should be grounded to the chassis via straps and wire and the positive running back is directly off of the battery..

check to see if your getting +12 outta the remote wire off the head unit.. (positive probe on the remote wire and then ground the negative probe to your ground cable. or a ground spot

or if it was really cheap wire you coulda burnt up the wire halfway up before that monster 300 amp fuse popped.. what guage and brand wire are you using?

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...