Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

6.5" Subs


aggballeralex

Recommended Posts

Posted
i highly doubt it, if they take over 100 rms i would be surprised

I wouldn't doubt it, with a pair of 2000d's strapped at 1 ohm these subs may last for a burp. I would roll into them for sure and just see how high I could get the score before they catch fire. I don't honestly know about a 140, but I think a 135 should honestly be a reachable goal. I will probably not do it ever anyway.

Those ED's look nice. I need some opinions though. I am thinking about getting some q-logic kick panels. Perhaps I can fiberglass the bottom of the kick to make it an actual sealed enclosure for the 6.5 on each side. I wouldn't think I would have to worry too much about it flexing on me as this will be just mid-bass. Anyone have any ideas on this?

I would not put a sub in the kicks at all. The idea of a kick panel is to fire the speakers at your ears for better staging and imaging. A subwoofer is an omnidirectional speaker meaning that it can be in front of, behind, to either side of you and it should sound like it's coming from all around you. I would get the kicks and put a comp set in them to handle the highs and give you some nice front stage. Then I would use the factory locations in the doors to mount the 6.5" subs maybe even in a small enclosure, but would even be fine in an infitite baffle.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6052 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...