Second Skin Audio

Good 18's?

Here are my max dimensions for the box..i think 2 18's would be fine in it?

width: 55

height:25

depth:26

If my port is 5 inch wide then I would have 15cbf tuned to 22hz.

it has to deal with port area not just how wide it is and 22Hz is extremely low man i'd suggest somewhere around 32-34Hz and if you can get 15 cubes with the proper port area that'll be great for BTL's with arounbd 2K to each..

and to help your voltage do the big three and swap your atock battery with the biggest agm battery that you can fit up front and that should help alot without getting a HO alt

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

yea exosports box designing program works really well... and Fi recommends 12-14 square inches of port area per cubic foot so if you have 15 cubes total internal volume after displacement you'll need around 180-260 square inches of port are

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Yeah but they are only 1k rms each i want something more than that..

I dont want to sound condescending, but for you to make that comment, tells me and a bunch of other people here that you have no clue what your getting yourself in for. All these "BOUTIQUE" builder like AQ/FI/AA/DC/DD etc..... rate the RMS on drivers VERY VERY conservatively. RMS on a speaker like the HDC3 could be 2500RMS++ all comes down to the quality of box, electric, box, your skill, and BOX! You are NOT, let me repeat this again, YOU ARE NOT going to power 2 18"s with 4K RMS watts and not spend about 2K on just the electric upgrades. If you dont, your going to have your AMPs/Drivers/etc...... blowing up, or severely diminish the life of the product fast. Lets put this into perspective here: I am powering my tahoe with about 7K worth of CLEAN RMS watts using 4 amps (2 for front/rear/kick panel stage, and 2 for my 4 18"s) here is what I had to purchase to power that much wattage (Which for this site isn't much LOL)

2 DC Power 270sp's (right here is $1000)

Dual alt bracket (have no idea, but lets say 150$)

2 Deka 9a31h's ($400)

1 Deka Grp78 (150$)

Lets say 150FT of 0/1 power/ground cable (4 runs of + & 4runs of - ) ($300)

12 ANL fuse holders ($150)

Dual ALT MLA Module (~about 235$)

All these prices are guessing,AND ARE NOT ACTUAL PRICES...........

Add up all those prices, and you come up with $2385 :mellow: . All this just to power 7k worth of power safely and cleanly. SO I ask again, how are you going to do 4k worth of RMS power, and spend 2K..............NOT going to happen I dont think. I think you would be better off just getting a second DC LVL4, build the right box, and a little more power then what you currently have, and see how you like it.......

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

^^^what he said. Shit, ive been thinking of going with a T3 15 and feedin it 2-3kw and im plannin on a good bit of money going to electrical. No offense to the OP but you appear to be less than a noob at this. Look around and learn up. I understand you got a good amp and sub now, but you arent ready for a big power setup yet. Id have to agree with him sayin get another 12, or, get a HDC3 15. Itll take that 1500 pretty well. Ive been in a setup with 2 HDC3A 18s and 2 MM4000.1s. Theyre rated at 1k but will take alot more, the Aluminum coils can take up to 4kw in my experiences. Look up DOA Sleepy from CHI, hes usually on ca, dont think ive seen him on SMD

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

My irragi alt is only 500 i already have 1/0 gauage, and the two batteries i need are only 500..so thats only $1000 on electrical. And my amps and the BTLS are the other grand..

Atleast i was told I would only need the 320 amp alt, and 2 kentic 2000's

And really yeah call me a noob cause i am at this and no nothing will stop me from doing what I want and of course i will make sure it is safe before i do anything.

Edited by Chrisn077

18" DC Level 4

My irragi alt is only 500 i already have 1/0 gauage, and the two batteries i need are only 500..so thats only $1000 on electrical. And my amps and the BTLS are the other grand..

Atleast i was told I would only need the 320 amp alt, and 2 kentic 2000's

And really yeah call me a noob cause i am at this and no nothing will stop me from doing what I want and of course i will make sure it is safe before i do anything.

Easy bud, were only trying to help ya. EVERYONE has to start somewhere, fuck....for that matter im still learning new shit EVERYDAY! More power to ya if you want to jump into this head first, NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT man. Were just trying to tell ya that electrical will cost as much as everything else too. And electrical is one place where you should NEVER SKIMP ON!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny