DC Sound Lab

newer L7 is equal to lvl?

exaclty as stated in title in the store what would you sell the L7 against as a retail shop trying to compete with the brand whores in the area.mainly a customer that had 3 crap ass q power 15" subs granted a lot of cone with a 1 ohm amp at 1.3 so getting about 1300 from the amp he wanted some trunk back seeing as its a Q45 with the gas tank in the rear its a bad bass car to begin with but i suggested a pair of lvl 3 12's that a guy traded back in to upgrade to a 4xl15 i put the same box that came from the truck droped it in the trunk and let him borrow an amp while his was getting repaired a little less power than he had but bass for the weekend until i could get him a box built on monday and his amp be back the end of the week.he comes back in this afternoon and says he dont want it and kinda bullies the boss into taking back the subs and putting money on an alarm which sucks but he also wants to pick up a pair of L7 15'sfrom his buddy im sorry but i hate L7's there is my delima and my wife didnt get it so help me out here.and to top it all off he has the nerve to tell me that his buddy had these Qpower crap 15's in a seald box that was louder than the 4xl15 tuned at 33hz with about 3k on it in the F150 i just finished thats we i tpld the boss to talk to him cuz he was driving me crazy. =@

Edited by windowtinter

Well then idk a lvl 4 shuld be if not equal to a l7 in power handling,I mean maybe cuuse that box wasnt made for that lvl 4 xl im not sure that that q power does have a bit more cone area,but how much power did that l4 xl have compared to those q powers?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Tell him there is a guy in texas doing a 156.5 from the trunk of a big body caddy with1 dc 18 or that another guy in texas swapped out his l7s for a couple of 4xl 18s and is doing a 153.3 in a tahoe.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

power difference im not sure but those subs will never take more than a 1k a peice if that. i was gonna even recone the 12's to15's if he wanted.but the xl15 box was built 4cubes+disp 64sq port @33hz 1.5" front back and port walls top and bottom with braced 3/4"sides it does real well i think.my real prob is i just wanna put the smack down on some L7 ass with a lvl3

i never got it on the meter but the burban i did with the SD8k and xl 18's with 4 spiders was slammin but reconed to six it was a bit to much.looking at doing something in a tahoe very soon its a installer at the shop what i need is some big power to put through these things.and various other customers of course that are brand whores and dont understand how a sub works. shit when i showed the boss how the voice coil assembly was much better than the 10" hcca we had sittin around he was amazed so the customers dont even have a clue you try to teach them a little about the productthey are about to buy but if it aint a known brand it isnt worth crap i blam it on the chinese but when i get the thaoe some bass and some 15"lvl6's in the shop crx i think they will do the teaching for me :hairtrick: