Sonic Electronix

Copper or Aluminum Coil?

I was also thinking about getting a pair of audio que woofers. probally the street duty 15s. So these sub woofers do sound pretty clean and nice?

yes

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

copper is just flat out better musically, and copper coils can usualy be put in smaller boxes due to higher Bl on copper than aluminum, and lower Fs etc etc

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

more spiders, and wire in the aluminum, flat wire is more expensive to wind( if you wanted to get technical) but copper WIRE is more expensive, but only about half as much wire in copper- besides the fact

and just the fact that people will pay another $50 for that extra 500+ handling

edit: twice as much wire in the copper due to copper having a lot less resistance in it, and needing to go with a smaller gauge to match a aluminum wire impedance

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

copper is just flat out better musically, and copper coils can usualy be put in smaller boxes due to higher Bl on copper than aluminum, and lower Fs etc etc

I actually prefer the sound of the alum coils. Mostly listen to rock/metal, but also play rap to demo. I've played around with both extensively, including 16 recones in 3 weeks going back and forth and changing VC imp.

Archived