Anybody else had this happen?

i had one replaced under warranty. my friend had his second one go out on him but he let me play with it and i fixed it. been at least a year and its still working great. its an easy fix. the penny trick seems to help too.

I've heard of different things to do to fix it, but there gonna fix it for free, If it wasn't under warranty I would've tried to fix it myself.

logo2-1.pngREAudioLogo.gif

Mine has the Jasper MOBO, SUPPOSEDLY there not suppose to over-heat and get the RROD, so far mine hasn't. I have had it for over a year now, so guess we will see.

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

I don't have wi fi but heard it sucks for online gaming which is what I mostly do with my xbox.

Wow, peep this. This is kind of what I was referring to, but this one only runs on those other bands. Anyhow, gaming is already fine and fast enough via wi-fi but this will make media go even faster:

http://gizmodo.com/5411279/xbox-360-wirele...-adapter-review

Kind of makes me mad I got the old one that I'm not even using. I should have sold it.

images-1.jpg

here's a little info for all of you who are wondering about the wi-fi. If you have ANYTHING that runs on 2.4GHz you'll get interference on the wi-fi (wireless g runs on 2.4GHz) IF they ever come out with a wireless N adapter anything that runs off 5.8 GHz will get interference.

And I have never had RROD on my 360 probably because it sits on 2 milk crates. :D yeah I know ghetto as fuck but function in this case comes over form.

If you're interested in modding a 360 I suggest these guys http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

i got 2 360's, but one of them got some wierd shit, it works but no picture, and it doest show 3 red rings.

its your GPU its probably fried

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

• 2 weeks later...
Same here use it as a DVD player still and that's about it...haha

Ps1 didn't have a DVD player. Maybe you're thinking of Ps2.

My friend went through 3 xboxs and had enough, now he's happily playing ps3. I've always been a ps3 fan and mine's still running fine after over 2 years.

Feel bad for the Xbox fans, though. What kind of half-assed company lets this kind of problem continue? I've heard the failure rate is over 50%, some say 80%. Who knows, but when people have it happen MULTIPLE times, you know it's bad.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

Archived