Second Skin Audio

TSNS 18 Box thread

3.25!!

and i aint building a damn fart box, i guess ima have to buy some wood and we can see whats up

I say for any 18" just about 5.5 or more....my wife's SQL 18" is 6.0 cubes for fucks sake! Those TSNS's will be angry with you!

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Move the subwoofer as far away from port as possible and I'd up the box size to at least 4.5-4.8ft3, especially since this is a daily box. Also make sure to brace plenty, resin, 45s, etc... I'd also suggest using like a single 8" aero, external if u can fit it or even half in, half out.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Move the subwoofer as far away from port as possible and I'd up the box size to at least 4.5-4.8ft3, especially since this is a daily box. Also make sure to brace plenty, resin, 45s, etc... I'd also suggest using like a single 8" aero, external if u can fit it or even half in, half out.

whats up bro? lol you feel like making some 8 inch plares for me?

Roseville, CA

lol guys the way he has the sub with the exception of maybe an inch is the farthest it can be.

you see the air cant move right so it has to move left AWAY from the port and then bounce off the wall back towards the port.

so it is the farthest it can be from the port

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

whats up bro? lol you feel like making some 8 inch plares for me?

Same old shit different day bro, finally getting back to normal since I fucked my back up a few weeks ago... But let me check my storage unit tomorrow on my way home from work, I should have a few older 8" pvc flares + aluminum ones. I'll let u know though and if I have them, then they're all yours just cover shipping since I'm not using them right now.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Same old shit different day bro, finally getting back to normal since I fucked my back up a few weeks ago... But let me check my storage unit tomorrow on my way home from work, I should have a few older 8" pvc flares + aluminum ones. I'll let u know though and if I have them, then they're all yours just cover shipping since I'm not using them right now.

very cool... lmk

Roseville, CA

1cuft with an 18 with that much vas will make a huge difference... i would do 4cuft smallest

and ih8punkrok... air doesnt move that like, lol... it doesnt move left then right, it takes the least path of resistance which would be straight out the port... and when u do sub placement like this... the sub acts like its in a smaller box

so the sub should be all the way to the left, ideally with an aero/slot port mounted externally since the space above the port will not be used in its entirety if internal slot

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

etznova on ca.com got a custom 8" flare... maybe contact him too

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

1cuft with an 18 with that much vas will make a huge difference... i would do 4cuft smallest

and ih8punkrok... air doesnt move that like, lol... it doesnt move left then right, it takes the least path of resistance which would be straight out the port... and when u do sub placement like this... the sub acts like its in a smaller box

you are correct that it takes the least path of resistance but it cannot change direction spontaneously. therefore when the air hits the port walls it will move the the far left then bounce off that wall and then out the port

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build