Second Skin Audio

Questions about building a vented enclosure. Please help.

I am building a ported box. It will be a semi-wall. Will I need a port per sub or can I do 1 port for both subs? I will be running 2 10s. I want this for box for spl Here are my specs for the subs.

Recommended Enclosures for 2 Subs

PART # 15-M3104D

2 SUB MINIMUM 2.00 / 40 / 10.5 x 1.5 x 14.5

2 SUB OPTIONAL 2.40 / 36 / 10.5 x 1.5 x 14.5

Box designs are total internal airspace, including port/driver displacement. Vented boxes (airspace/tuning/port dimensions- height, width, depth).

The measurements of the car is 20" height x 40" width x 23" deep and port will be same as above. With this box I get 8.86 cubic ft with a port tune of 14.53hz. I an shorten the port to 18.5" H x5" W x 6" L and get 35.50 hz. I can take the height down to 15" x 40" x 20" and get 5.56 cubic ft. With the above port size I get 18.43hz. I can go with a port 13.5" High x 5" wide x 10" Long and get 38.73hz. I would like to go with the second box size but can anyone help me out with the port size or any other info that would help. I would really love to do this right the first time. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor. 

you can do one big port or two smaller ports, one per sub. If you post up the sub specs you will have a better chance to get a box design. I would need the full spec sheet to use my design program.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

you can do one big port or two smaller ports, one per sub. If you post up the sub specs you will have a better chance to get a box design. I would need the full spec sheet to use my design program.

What do you mean? Do I need to post up the wattage of the subs? The box specs are already posted in the first post.

2.00 cubic ft / 40 hz tuned port / 10.5 height x 1.5 width x 14.5 depth - Minimum enclosure. Per sub

2.40 cubic ft / 36 hz tuned port / 10.5 height x 1.5 width x 14.5 depth - Optional enclosure per sub

I dont know what else i need. I also have the sub box space in the previous post as well.

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

Here are the sub woofer specs. The only difference is my subs are dual 4 ohm.

10" M3 Series Subwoofer

Power Handling:

Peak: 800 watts

RMS: 400 watts

Kevlar reinforced paper cone woofer

High-density foam surround

Vented and unique Memphis "M" cast basket

Removable frame and cone assembly

2.5" Black anodized-aluminum dual 2 ohm voice coil former

85oz. Magnet

Sensitivity: 91 dB

Subwoofer Size 10"

Voice Coil(s) SVC (1voice coil)

Impedance 4 ohms

Peak Power Handling 800 watts

RMS Power Handling 400 watts

Woofer Surround Foam

Woofer Composition Kevlar Reinforced Paper

Sealed Box Volume N/A

Ported Box Volume N/A

Sensitivity 91 dB

Frequency Response N/A

Xmax (millimeters) N/A

Top Mount Depth 7.5"

Cutout Diameter N/A

what kind of car will this be in?

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

what kind of car will this be in?

2003 Mustang Gt. It was supposed to go in the trunk but I wont have enough airspace for both subs. I will be taking out the backseat.

2003 Mustang Gt. It was supposed to go in the trunk but I wont have enough airspace for both subs. I will be taking out the backseat.

id put them in 1.5 cubes a piece after displacemnts and subs forward and port forward . you said you want this to be a "spl" box in saying this do you mean a burp box or one that just gets loud?

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

id put them in 1.5 cubes a piece after displacemnts and subs forward and port forward . you said you want this to be a "spl" box in saying this do you mean a burp box or one that just gets loud?

I want it to be loud. Memphis audio calls for 2.00-2.40 cubic get per sub. Would you still put them in a 3 cub box?

Okay I built a box using Google Sketchup. Is there anyone who would be willing to build me a port for the box and give me the dimensions. Here is the box design.

Untitled-1.jpg

I can send the box in an email as a full pic or zoom in closer. The specs of the box is : 15in tall x 40in long x 20in deep. It equals up to about 5.56 cubic ft. I want a port tuned to about 35hz. The port can be on the side or in the middle. I can also put the subs firing up. I want it to be a spl box ( not a burp box). I can make the box deeper and taller if I need to . I have to have between 4.00-4.80 cubic ft for both of the subs. Someone please help me out. Thanks.