So why Fi over Kicker??

MOUZEBINN

100_0582.jpg

garbage

100_0583.jpg

weak poon

ups2.jpg

best 260 dollars i ever spent

But honestly, i could never get them tuned Low and get the same lows as with FI or AQ, they always got hot and stinky after 5 minutes of playing*my gains were properly set not overpowered dont even think about questioning that*

Kicker is a good budget sub for a beginner.... thats all

The solo x is a different story im sure, but all i read about is reconing and spairs

how is it inconsistent excursion?

circular subs have a cone area that is tighter and more compact, to where a square sub has the flat areas on the sides, more cone area, and towards the corners they could have more flex, and then you'd have that nasty distortion at high medium volume to peak volume.

That's my opinion, and it seems very plausible!!!!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

what about cerwin vega? one of my favorite subs. i personaly own a solo x 12 i think it sounds like crap. shure it pounds hard but i would have never bought it if i would of paid retail i paid $500 for sub, box, an amp. i hait kicker amps to! rockford amps always proved over any but they have ben around since 8tracks. so what i am sayin is brand name is one thing knowing what ur lookin at is another. if u know what your lookin for in your system then you will know what to buy. if your brand is kicker good for you your just like 100,000 other people hew think there the best. im not a master installer or anythin i just know that mainstream audio not what u think. look at monster i hait the stuff but every thinks its the best y cuz they market like crazy. lol no matter it dont matter its like tellin some one with an apple computer windows is better. sorry for the spellin im goin to bed. have fun :spiteful:

circular subs have a cone area that is tighter and more compact, to where a square sub has the flat areas on the sides, more cone area, and towards the corners they could have more flex, and then you'd have that nasty distortion at high medium volume to peak volume.

Thats basically what my local shop owner told me as well.

time to vent about how i see all these kinds of threads go

ill start off with a story my psychology teacher told me.

you have a room with 4 monkeys. monkey 1, monkey 2, monkey 3, and monkey 4.

In the room is a banana, Monkey 1 goes and grabs the banana. at this point all four monkeys get a painful electric shock.

10 mins later another monkey tries to grab the banana, and all the monkeys get shocked again.

Monkey 1 is taken out of the room and replaced by monkey 5.

Monkey 5 goes to grab the banana and all the monkeys get shocked.

monkey 2 is taked out and replaced with monkey 6.

Monkey 6 goes to grab the banana and monkeys 3 and 4 stop monkey 6 from grabbing the banana.

Monkeys 3 and 4 tell monkey 6 in monkey language that its bad to grab the banana cuz youll get shocked

monkey 3 is replaced by monkey 7

monkey 4 is replaced by monkey 8

monkey 5 by 9

Each time a new monkey is put in the room it goes for the banana, but is stopped by the other monkeys and its told about the electric shock whenever the banana is grabbed.

that happens untill there are no monkeys left in the room that have ever experienced the shock, but were only told that it will happen

That monkey story seems alot like how things on here are now. every one has heard someone say kicker sucks cuz it a big company. so all the newbs hear it and repeat it. and so on. And most have never run a kicker or an Fi sub. Im not sayin kicker is better than Fi or the other way around. but ppl are always bashing kicker, like the solo x's suck for sq, Does a btl have great Sq? Does a DD z woofer have great Sq? And to most ppl they would hardly notice the difference is sq, since youd mostly here lots of car rattlin unless you done lots of deadening. and youd also have to have built the box correctly anyway

I run audiopulse in my car though, i pick it over the Fi and kickers.

Not looking to start anythin with this, just pointing out what i saw.

I would go with you on that if people like Corey Himmel (sp) wouldn't have won SQ championships with them.

Personally neither brand is the answer for SQ or SPL imo

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

time to vent about how i see all these kinds of threads go

ill start off with a story my psychology teacher told me.

you have a room with 4 monkeys. monkey 1, monkey 2, monkey 3, and monkey 4.

In the room is a banana, Monkey 1 goes and grabs the banana. at this point all four monkeys get a painful electric shock.

10 mins later another monkey tries to grab the banana, and all the monkeys get shocked again.

Monkey 1 is taken out of the room and replaced by monkey 5.

Monkey 5 goes to grab the banana and all the monkeys get shocked.

monkey 2 is taked out and replaced with monkey 6.

Monkey 6 goes to grab the banana and monkeys 3 and 4 stop monkey 6 from grabbing the banana.

Monkeys 3 and 4 tell monkey 6 in monkey language that its bad to grab the banana cuz youll get shocked

monkey 3 is replaced by monkey 7

monkey 4 is replaced by monkey 8

monkey 5 by 9

Each time a new monkey is put in the room it goes for the banana, but is stopped by the other monkeys and its told about the electric shock whenever the banana is grabbed.

that happens untill there are no monkeys left in the room that have ever experienced the shock, but were only told that it will happen

That monkey story seems alot like how things on here are now. every one has heard someone say kicker sucks cuz it a big company. so all the newbs hear it and repeat it. and so on. And most have never run a kicker or an Fi sub. Im not sayin kicker is better than Fi or the other way around. but ppl are always bashing kicker, like the solo x's suck for sq, Does a btl have great Sq? Does a DD z woofer have great Sq? And to most ppl they would hardly notice the difference is sq, since youd mostly here lots of car rattlin unless you done lots of deadening. and youd also have to have built the box correctly anyway

I run audiopulse in my car though, i pick it over the Fi and kickers.

Not looking to start anythin with this, just pointing out what i saw.

this is so true but....

i've run L5, L7 and all the older circle subs and they sound alrite for daily

but i've also run a couple of SSD's and would choose it over a kicker any day of the week.

Frito- I understand what you are saying, I personally don't run either as well, I prefer ONYX, ARC Audio, and Image Dynamics, for subs, but that's because I am more into the SQ category, than SPL!!! I don't need the crazy loud set-ups to feed my need, I have friends with those. I also don't recall bashing Kicker because they've been around for so long, but I personally don't like the subtle distortion that comes from the square subs, just don't feel that they are as efficient as circle subs. I'd rather have their old Solo's when they first appeared (they were circle). I feel the same way about Boston's Oval subs, not singling out certain companies. For an SPL standpoint I feel under the same amount of wattage, Fi is a better sub, probably more efficient. Can't say for sure don't have a meter and don't have the testing equipment. Just stating an opinion!!!

Kicker- yeah, but that also had more to do with design and building of the set-up, more than the equipment, but still give him credit where it is due.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

this is so true but....

i've run L5, L7 and all the older circle subs and they sound alrite for daily

but i've also run a couple of SSD's and would choose it over a kicker any day of the week.

thats what i would rather hear on here, from someone whose run both.

I just had to use somethin i learn out of a whole semesters worth of fighting off sleep in psychology.

Yours subs where the ones i said in my first post about not knowing if ive heard fi subs before

Did you have an Fi recone in your focus when i first heard your system? If it was then Id say Fi has an edge on kicker for sq. but the L5s i have have alot of output.

Archived