Fi Bl

99GPGTX

Can someone answer my question???

id answer...but i wouldnt know what id be talking about lol

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

I have a question. If i was to get two Fi Bl's and throw them in a 8 Cubed box will they be able to reach full potential out of them if i have them at 1500 watts? Like what if i put them in a 7 Cubed box or whatever. Whats the difference in the sizes? Ok for an example the 15" bl is recomended for a Ported box: 2.8 - 4cuft @ 30-37Hz. Now whats the difference if you up the size in the box? And whats a good port size for a box being inside of a trunk that will get some major deep bass? :blink:

This question^^^^^

dancing1.gif

NatesBanner.jpg

ACT YOUR AGE AND NOT YOUR SHOE SIZE

this is purely based on my own experience. no, you will not see them at full potential at 1500 watts. if you put it in a bigger box, not quite noticeable, but you might get a little louder. now if you go too big, the woofer might unload and act like it's not in an enclosure at all. follow fi's specs first and see what you get. after that test, rebuild and tweak. you probably gonna rebuild a couple times before you get what you like. you could just run 1 twelve. what are you running now and what amp?

this is purely based on my own experience. no, you will not see them at full potential at 1500 watts. if you put it in a bigger box, not quite noticeable, but you might get a little louder. now if you go too big, the woofer might unload and act like it's not in an enclosure at all. follow fi's specs first and see what you get. after that test, rebuild and tweak. you probably gonna rebuild a couple times before you get what you like. you could just run 1 twelve. what are you running now and what amp?

Well im not running nothin right now. I plan to be running 2 15" Fi Bl's inside a custom plexiglass box. I want to feed them like 1500 or 1600 watts. No more than 2000+ watts. Now if im wrong i thought it was goo to at least put 1500watts to each woofer!! I was going to get two Hifonics BXi 1606D and power them to each woofer which will be 1600watts a peice. In a 8 cubic inch box. Now if i need to go a foot smaller i dont mind. I just want to really give it to these Bl's fareal. Please help a brother out what should i do? :huh:

dancing1.gif

NatesBanner.jpg

what kind of car is this? how's your electrics?

I have two 300amp iraggi alts coming in a few. Im gonna be running more than just those subs. I have like tv's in both headrest, two tv's hanging from the roof. And street glows all throught the car soon.

dancing1.gif

NatesBanner.jpg

yes you can see full potential out of them at 1500rms, you dont HAVE to overpower a sub in order to get the best beng for the buck, power compression starts to come into play

if i got louder on more watts, wouldnt that be not playing the woofer to its full potential on the lesser watts? i understand what you mean though. you don't have to overpower a woofer, but you don't wanna give it a dirty signal when you think you can get it louder. maybe i misunderstood what you guys mean about full potential. i would really build some test boxes first. what sounds good to you in a certain car might not sound good in your own vehicle

if i got louder on more watts, wouldnt that be not playing the woofer to its full potential on the lesser watts? i understand what you mean though. you don't have to overpower a woofer, but you don't wanna give it a dirty signal when you think you can get it louder. maybe i misunderstood what you guys mean about full potential. i would really build some test boxes first. what sounds good to you in a certain car might not sound good in your own vehicle

Its koo man all i just wanted to know was if two Bl's powered with 1500watts each in a 8' cubic box in my chevy caprice. Im putting them inside the maximum specs that Fi said it would work in. I just cant text the boxes because i have the being placed in plexiglass. And thats too expensive to test those in that kind of enclosure. My trunk is huge and i have enough space to hold 2 big guys inside of there if i wanted. so thats why i was asking if i should have the box that big enough for the bl's.

dancing1.gif

NatesBanner.jpg

Archived