kinetiks in cold weather

ok so my batteries are at 12 volts literally are not being charged by the alternator i think but i called the shop and they said because it is so cold the batteries are not working that well. it is 10 degrees outside. i have kinetik 2000 and a 2400 in the car. they said under 20 degrees the deep cycle batteries suck but when i drive it stays constantly at 12 volts no higher no lower but with no heat or my system on. what do u think they are lying or this is true

they arent the best when exposed to the elements but if u have one under hood i would recomend a red top optima not a yellow and the trunk find a way to keep warm when driving or maybee it needs charged.

95 Delta 88

10 inch fubar(2 MB Quart RWE-352 15" on way soon)

1500.1 crunch

kenwood KDC-MP642U

Jp Kustomz

are you saying that while your car is running, your battery is reading 12 volts?

if so, its not the battery, that is alternator.

but.....batteries are effected by the cold. my optimas normally read 13 volts in the summer but in the winter they read 12 (with car off)

are you saying that while your car is running, your battery is reading 12 volts?

if so, its not the battery, that is alternator.

but.....batteries are effected by the cold. my optimas normally read 13 volts in the summer but in the winter they read 12 (with car off)

This.

Also I was realizing the opposite with my batts seems like they hold voltage better when its colder but hasnt really been lower than 20 or so yet.

it gets down to -20 F here in MT and my kinetik under the hood is holding up.. they sit at 12.3 when the car is off. i used a dmm on my rear batteries when the car was on and they read 14 volts even.

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

maybe its the fuse on your power wire. are you looking at voltage of a back battery or a font batt?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.