Second Skin Audio

Need quick confirmation on box.

For 2 JBL 1220d on a JL 500/1. Old school. We are getting rid of the cheap universal box.

BrianJBLV1Large.jpg

BrianJBLV1SKPVIEW2Large.jpg

BrianJBLV1SKPVIEW3Large.jpg

BrianJBLV1SKPVIEW5Large.jpg

Its going in a mini van first then maybe a 4runner later. So there should be plenty of room to breathe.

So does it look like I made any big mistakes?

Thanks...

Edited by toylocost

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

i would try to tune a lil lower but thats just my tast. other than that get to work and we want pix

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

Thanks man. He wanted it tuned that way, he listens to rock and country more than rap/hip-hop so I figured it would suit him a bit better.

i think you should have ateast the width of the port distance from the back of your box to the end of your port. looks like its only .2 off may not make a big deal but i would try to avoid it.

EDIT:

correction looks like its alomst an inch off.

is it like 4" from the end of your port to the back of the box?

Edited by Clif

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

and put in your sub diss. it will make your freq. a lil higher with them accounted for.

Edit again:

Your puttin 45's in to right?

Edited by Clif

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

T-Line tuned to 45hz

at a quick look at it, it looks like it would do fine, but ^ hes right about the sub displacment. the only thing that would concern me would be the end of the port inside the box. with it ending that way and not having an "L", you may get some port noise from turbulance.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

How much power? Maybe some braces as long as you're certain he's going to be good with 36hz tuning freq.

This box will be loud but not deep.

Its a JL 500/1 so somewhere in the upper 500 range. I will brace it if you guys deem it necessary.

i think you should have ateast the width of the port distance from the back of your box to the end of your port. looks like its only .2 off may not make a big deal but i would try to avoid it.

EDIT:

correction looks like its alomst an inch off.

is it like 4" from the end of your port to the back of the box?

Its actually 5.25 inches from the back of the box. I was using the front sheet of the box as the first 3/4 of the port.

and put in your sub diss. it will make your freq. a lil higher with them accounted for.

Edit again:

Your puttin 45's in to right?

I cannot find JBL's displacement measurements for these drivers. They specify box volumes with driver displacement already accounted for. So I guessed .14 cubes for both drivers. Sound like a reasonable guess? Well that boosted my frequency a bit so I added 2 inches to the port at a 90. Correct me if this is not how I am supposed to do it.

BriansJBLV12SKPV1Large.jpg

BrinasJBLV12TuningCalcLarge.jpg

If you guys deem 45's necessary I will add them. This guy is a good friend and I want to do the best job I possibly can. Now the 45's will take up some space so they will tune it even higher right? Which means I will need to make the port even longer?

at a quick look at it, it looks like it would do fine, but ^ hes right about the sub displacment. the only thing that would concern me would be the end of the port inside the box. with it ending that way and not having an "L", you may get some port noise from turbulance.

Do you think my changes help?

no you do not need to account for the 45 in the displacement of the box. just make sure your port is the same width all the way around that bend. i was looking at it before and with the outer dims. it looked small but it may be cause im buzzed and rambiling..

ha

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

T-Line tuned to 45hz

no you do not need to account for the 45 in the displacement of the box. just make sure your port is the same width all the way around that bend. i was looking at it before and with the outer dims. it looked small but it may be cause im buzzed and rambiling..

ha

Please explain why you dont need to? Id like to know. Seeing as IT DEPLACES SPACE.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.