Sundown Audio

hifonics Bxi 2008d amp help

mentalcase

when my amp is hooked up the power light comes on. the protect light DOES NOT come on but it wont put a signal out to my sub...and its all wired right. and it was working fine a day ago! can someone please tell me what might be going on!?

92 Jeep Cherokee

big 3

pioneer premire P410ub

2000 watt hifonics

pioneer 400.4

4g wire all the way around

redoing box for the 2 15s

grounds fine i looked at that as well...i think its weird its gettin power but nothings coming out of the amp...could an internal fuse be blown?

92 Jeep Cherokee

big 3

pioneer premire P410ub

2000 watt hifonics

pioneer 400.4

grounds fine i looked at that as well...i think its weird its gettin power but nothings coming out of the amp...could an internal fuse be blown?

dont think the 2008d came with internal fusing man. Id check all your connections...also might be a crap RCA line...

edit:also pull the sub out and check the wiring...if it has push terminals, the wire could have come loose and popped out...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Hmm I know a few things it could be but they're slightly trade secrets and I don't think I can share.

Is it under warranty?

Listen to it really carefully and see if you can hear the output relay turn on, it should be a distinctive TICK about 5 seconds after you give the amp power.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Hmm I know a few things it could be but they're slightly trade secrets and I don't think I can share.

Is it under warranty?

Listen to it really carefully and see if you can hear the output relay turn on, it should be a distinctive TICK about 5 seconds after you give the amp power.

yeah the guy i bought it from still has it under warrenty but its in tennessee and im in georgia...i guess i could ship it but i wanna make sure theres actully something wrong with it first before i send it off

92 Jeep Cherokee

big 3

pioneer premire P410ub

2000 watt hifonics

pioneer 400.4

Archived