Hooking up Car stereo equip. in house?

I have a Fi Q 12" D1 in a 2.5cuft net enclosure ported at 32-33Hz via 2 3" flared Precision Aeroports sitting around. Also have a leftover Kicker ZX1000.1 to power it.

Would like to hook this stuff up off my computer if possible , currently using a little 2.1 Boston Acoustics I got for free.

Instead of spending money for a pc system I would rather make this stuff work if possible. What else do I need?

2000 Trans Am ws6 - 6spd / M9 / cam / full bolt-ons / semi full suspension / tune

1998 Integra - daily beater, [2] AB XFL-1244's / 4ft³@35Hz, 61in² / Saz-3500dv1 @.85Ω

look into a 2 ohm plate amp

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Computer power supplies don't put out too much amperage on the 12v rails... An all of your voltage ratings would be @ around 11.5-12v. If you exceed your maximum amperage output... Most power supplies will blow up or either go into protect and shut the unit off. I just use one for testing.. I don't go to the extreme of using it on a daily basis an actually playing music off of it for extended amounts of time.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

I would look into the SoundDigital FT120 power supply, you can run a 1200rms amp directly off of it.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Computer power supplies don't put out too much amperage on the 12v rails... An all of your voltage ratings would be @ around 11.5-12v. If you exceed your maximum amperage output... Most power supplies will blow up or either go into protect and shut the unit off. I just use one for testing.. I don't go to the extreme of using it on a daily basis an actually playing music off of it for extended amounts of time.

Are you tripping? PCP&C has one with over 100A @ 12v...

http://www.pcpower.com/power-supply/turbo-cool-1200.html

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Are you tripping? PCP&C has one with over 100A @ 12v...

http://www.pcpower.com/power-supply/turbo-cool-1200.html

You must have missed my point somewhere in there... Is it safe? No! 100amps isn't much for a power supply that's 83% efficient @ 12.5 volts at most. Will your cars amplifiers pull more amps at lower voltages.. yes! what size wires are you working with <16 gauge! will the power supply be able to keep up with demand for music... NO! Is it likely to go up in smoke... YES!. It's not a very ethical long term investment in my opinion... You might as well be plugging your amplifier directly to a wall socket to see if it works that way.

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

You'd be better off getting a small AGM battery and a small charger for it that'll keep the battery floating comfortably @ around 13.8 - 14.4. It'll even cost less and actually be efficient.

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex