Sonic Electronix

15" sub, about 4.4^3 ft tuned 35 hz

I can't decide on a sub to upgrade to. My RF T1k rated at 1345 rms at 14.4, but I idle sometimes at 14.9-15 and only drop for a millisecond then it picks back up to 14.8-ish on long low notes. I'm looking for a loud ass, with some sound quiality, 15" sub that'll take 1300rms in an about 4.4^3 ft box tuned 35 hz, before displacement. I don't want to have to worry to much about blowing it either. I don't want to have to baby the volume. This is for daily. Will not go over $400.

I've considered;

DC Level 4 :/

DC XL 4 -- don't think i have enough power

RE SX - I think i may have to much power

Fi BL

AA Havoc

AQ HDC3 Copper -- Kinda bad experience with SDC2.5, but It's my fault.

Kicker CVX-- Idk if will handle 1300 rms

Incriminator Audio Death Row - Not really sure if this will like being a 4.2^3 box... This would be awesome to get. then maybe get a 21" and wall it off... :) but I doubt that'll happen. Short on money.

*** trash - Box a little bigger then suggested with a little higher tuning.

SoundSplinter RL-p

Mach5Audio IXL

Still open to suggestions.

Check out sundown audio 15s.

2000 White Ford Ranger

5" RCD lift

33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZs on 16x8 Mickey Thompson Classic 2s

Euro Altezza tail lights

5% window tint

Clarion Indash

4 Q Power 15s

1 Sundown 2000

1 DC power 300 amp alt(on the way)-soon to be 2

2 powermaster d925s batteries

Second Skin Deadener

Highs/mids amp-Crossfire 404

Door speakers-2 5x7 mb quarts and 1 5 1/4" black max up front, stock 5x7s in the rear

Soon to Come:

Lots of SA-8s

2 Sundown saz 3500s(possible 4500s)

5-7 d3100 batteries

custom clamshell

BNC 8s for mids

undecided tweeters

teamnemesissundown.jpg

4.4^ is mad big for a single 15. I was told my 3.5^ was too big for my 15" AQ HD3. Any way, get rid of the Kicker idea. I'd say a lvl 4xl, the BL fully loaded, HD3 or Havoc. Sorry if I didn't help much.

Why not just build a new enclosure for whatever sub you're getting?? 4.4ft3 isn't huge for a 15 by any means but it is on the larger side for the most part. With the power + box size I'd suggest a LVL4 w/ lvl5 coil, just to handle a little more power with the box size.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Why not just build a new enclosure for whatever sub you're getting?? 4.4ft3 isn't huge for a 15 by any means but it is on the larger side for the most part. With the power + box size I'd suggest a LVL4 w/ lvl5 coil, just to handle a little more power with the box size.

Isn't a Level 4 w/ Level 5 coils the same as the XL? I'm lazy and don't want to build another box because I lack the tools to do it properly.

You Pretty much listed all that I could think of, besides the new sexy T1000's and T2000's from T3.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived