Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Subwoofers and cold weather


xanoreita

Recommended Posts

Posted

if everyone that come on here and uses the search button only, there whould be no new post or anything to talk about in the forum, so i see no justice in telling people to use the search button, IMO

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

Posted
I blew a Type-R bumping it right away to some Lil Wayne without letting the amp and coils to warm up. Now I let it warm up and since I usually have the seats down I let the hot air blast towards the box which makes em nice and toasty as opposed to having the seats down and the trunk area never really heating up.

There is your Problem LAWLZ, reminds me how on that episode of South Park how Russell Crowe's boat Tugger blew its brains out from his singing......but that is just my opinion.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Posted
Another major thing to consider is that as it's colder atoms move slower. Soundwaves should move slower correct? And along with that would lose potential sooner and without traveling as far.

Actually as it gets colder the sound waves move faster and farther because the air is more dense.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

Posted
i dont know how you blow a type R from cold...i can see the spiders or surround tearing or something but not blowing. i have one and i bang it in cold weather, low sub volume for a song or two then i turn it up.

The spider ripped... I live in Colorado and it was probably -10 degrees out. It was probably a combination of cold amp and cold subs with a distorted song. Keep in mind I had my gains and bass boost up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1784 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...