Sonic Electronix

So I hooked up my buddies system today and it came with a fuse block, so we cut the power wire and installed the fuse block and we setup his whole system with the fuse out. We hooked it up to the battery and to his amp, but when we try to stick the fuse in, it sparks. We cannot figure out why because his car is completely off, and we cant put the fuse in, because it is obviously sparking.

Any ideas?

2mwi55h.png

So I hooked up my buddies system today and it came with a fuse block, so we cut the power wire and installed the fuse block and we setup his whole system with the fuse out. We hooked it up to the battery and to his amp, but when we try to stick the fuse in, it sparks. We cannot figure out why because his car is completely off, and we cant put the fuse in, because it is obviously sparking.

Any ideas?

Is the ground on the front battery hooked up? If so, unhook it then put the fuse in, won't spark. The sparks shouldn't hurt anything though..when I added in my extra battery when I touched the negative side it sparked right when I touched it, I just screwed it down, didn't hurt anything.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

lmao.

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Dakota

Headunit: Alpine IVA-D310

Sub: 2005 RE Audio XXX 15"

Sub Amp: Orion 2500D

Frontstage: Diamond Audio Hex's

Frontstage Amp: Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D

Wiring: Kicker Hyperflex 1/0

Alternator: Mechman 250 Amp

Battery: Powermaster D2700

Deadener: 100 Square Feet Raamat BXT II

Well his battery is in his trunk, but yeah, the ground is hooked up in the battery.

So unhook the ground, put the fuse into the block. then screw the battery ground back in? ok.

the only pain with that is his ground on his battery is hard to tighten, but we can make it work. haha.

Thanks.

2mwi55h.png

make sure your amp power wires arent backwards as well

03 Ram 1500 3.7 v6 quad cab

H/U: Pioneer 4200UB

Subs: 4 DC LVL 4 15s D1

Sub Amp: 2 Crescendo 3kwp strapped

Highs Amp: Crossfire xp240.2

Highs: Crossfire 2 rs69, 2 rs52

Alt: DC POWER ALT 270XP

Batts: 5 sprinter data safe

Big 3 0ga

New Truck 03 Ram Build Log 6 DC Audio lvl2 15's

My Wrecked 99 Dodge Ram Sport Build Log

02 Ranger X Cab Build

02 Ranger Build 2

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

My linkhttp://www.crescendoaudio.com

http://www.dcpowerinc.com/

http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/

Youtube Vids

so its safe to just unhook the battery ground, put the fuse in, and then hook up the ground again?

Yeah, if the car isn't grounded, then no electricity will flow, and no sparking.

Make sure the negative is completely disconnected, like, no grounding to chassis, engine block, etc.

how much sparking are we talking about here? is it sparking like crazy if you keep the fuse there? or is it like a couple sparks while your trying to push the fuse in? if its sparking non stop then i would say that wire is grounded out somewhere. if its just a lil spark or two its because you have the ground hooked up and when you put that fuse in your completeing the circuit and thats the power trying to get through that line. just unhook the ground and put the fuse in then reconnect the ground.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.