Prep for 2 AQ3500's **(HELP ME CHOOSE 12/22/09)**

Well i have been eyeing up AQ for a long long time now and since they are available at an amazing price i figured i would pic a couple up. I was wondering if i could get some help on what i should step up, electrical wise.

So that being said this is what i have now:

Stock 130 Amp Alt

H/O 240 Amp Ohio Gen Alt

MLA with the Hi/Lo switch

One run of 1/0 power from the front to the back

One run of 1/0 ground in the rear. From the rear batts to the frame not to the front.

1 Yellow Top under the hood

2 Kinetic HC800's in the rear

So what should i upgrade? If there is not enough info just tell me what you need to know.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

those 2 HC800 need to come out, and be replaced with something like the DEKA 9a31 batts. You WILL NEED more runs of +, and -. If money allows, do 4 +'s and 4 -'s.. 2 +'s from the front batt, and the other 2 from directly from the alts. Then 2 runs of - directly to the frame, then 2 more -'s from the front batt. I just recently did all this, if you need pics I'll show you.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

uhhh at least 2 more runs EACH of 1/0. And more batteries for sure.

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Dakota

Headunit: Alpine IVA-D310

Sub: 2005 RE Audio XXX 15"

Sub Amp: Orion 2500D

Frontstage: Diamond Audio Hex's

Frontstage Amp: Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D

Wiring: Kicker Hyperflex 1/0

Alternator: Mechman 250 Amp

Battery: Powermaster D2700

Deadener: 100 Square Feet Raamat BXT II

those 2 HC800 need to come out, and be replaced with something like the DEKA 9a31 batts. You WILL NEED more runs of +, and -. If money allows, do 4 +'s and 4 -'s.. 2 +'s from the front batt, and the other 2 from directly from the alts. Then 2 runs of - directly to the frame, then 2 more -'s from the front batt. I just recently did all this, if you need pics I'll show you.

Thats what i was kinda thinking, i wasnt thinking 4 runs but it is what it is. I only wanna do this once. I understand what your saying but let me see the pics anyway.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Here is what my under hood looks like. I have 2 runs of + coming off the back of the alts, fused and ran to the rear buss bars where there fused again. I have 2 more runs of + from the front batt to the rear buss bars also fuses (Im sure you know to fuse all these runs) I also have 2 very short runs of + from the alts to the front batt as well. That is why you see 4 0/1 cables off my + terminal on my front batt. And grounds are also like that. 2 from the front batt to rear buss bars, and 2 directly to the frame of my tahoe.....

DSCF1454.jpg

This picture is showing you all the wires on the buss bars and there is only 1 amp installed and that is for my 4channel MTX. As you can see, I have done alot of wiring for this upcoming install, and buss bars really make life easier.

DSCF1464.jpg

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

thats whats up. where in your truck are those batts located? just curious. looks good.

d(-__-)b

Right in between the 2 front seats. Everything else from that point on is 1 big ass mutha of a box

yeah that is deff whats up. i remember now you have the AQ box. shit looks good man.

d(-__-)b

Even though this might sound kinda obvious and dumb. DONT short yourself on fusing when buying your bats and wire! Running those bigger batteries make sure you buy a ton of extra fuse holders and fuses. I had one of my power wires get pinched under the carpet, when it cut through to the metal it was a fucking mess. Fuses = Save your system.

steven.jpg

Archived