Hey guys, the bikes that I listed in that last topic are WWWWAAAAAYYYYYY out of my league (zx-14, hayabusa, gsx-r1000, etc.). As I stated in the other topic, I do have some riding experience on a friend's ride, but not much, I'd have to say maybe less than 10 miles with it. So for my own learning bike, would the GS500F be alright? I'm a bigger guy, 6'2" 220 lbs or so. Would that bike be too small for me?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-GS-G...128631602QQrdZ1

Thanks,

-Sam

(1)Fi BTL 15

(1)AQ 2200d

4.33 Cubes~33hz

Big Three done

XS 1200 in the back

that bike resembles my buddy's GSXR 600. That bike has a full seat and the exhaust is different than his but everything else looks close to his.

I went from dirt bikes(125cc) to my bike(998cc), so each person is different. That bike looks nice, i would read some reviews on it and see what people who own one have to say about em.

Edited by lovellsz

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

Learning to Ride. First off get something that you don't mind crashing up if you wash the front end out from under it once or twice...Because learning to ride will probably put you a couple of cracks on your fairings, and some scratches on your Handlebars..Invest in a good set of frame an axle sliders just incase you go down..You might not do as much damage if you have some sliders on your bike...Not saying that you are going to crash, but learning to ride tends to put some road rash on that azz, least it did for me..But you have to get up and sadle back up..Now as far as bikes go 600cc is a good learning bike. Lightweight, turns in good and still has enough power to accelerate hard...I personally like Kawasaki's or Yamaha's..Just me..I have riden the Yamaha R6, and the Kawasaki zx-6r's..I like them both..But that was 3 yrs ago and the price of sportbikes has Increased like the damn gas we put in them...But a 600 is a good size...As far as the bike you have linked, the first time you go riding and see a couple of guys riding 600's, say like the R6 or the zx6r, and you ride with them and see how there bikes zip around compared to the way the above bike rides..You will be wanting to sell that bike and get a 600 so i would go and find me a good used or a new 600cc sportbike..Buy it and put those 2 fists in the breeze..

Oh, alright. Thanks zaxfire, that's good advice! I'll definately look for used, then, because we ALL want to go fast, am I right?!

Speaking of fast...

Check out this video I found of a R-1 doing 190mph and then get passed by a 'busa. Probably an old vid, but it's sweet.

Edited by shooter69

(1)Fi BTL 15

(1)AQ 2200d

4.33 Cubes~33hz

Big Three done

XS 1200 in the back

i'd look around locally for a honda 600rr... i'm a lil taller than you and a lil heavier... and those suzuki's gsxr's are painful to ride... they look real nice and are pretty light weight... but after about 15 min. i just wanna get off...

Edited by Coolwazabi

The gs500 is a good learning bike yes, but what I personally do not like about it is the weight. For it's size it is a heavy bike. Honestly, I would not start out on any of the newer 600cc bikes, unless you have a very good teacher and are willing to soak in what they say. As the new bikes are pretty much race ready and will get away from you.

I don't care what anyone says, probably the best learning bike is an SV650. Decent power band and very nimble. But zax is right..expect to lay the bike down a couple of times, so I would definately take a look at used bikes.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD