i will take pictures of it later on today or tomorrow. will epoxy work?

I doubt it very seriously, unless there's some new super epoxy that I've never heard of. Usually the boot gets hard and brittle so even if you found epoxy that would work on that tear it would just tear in another place. It's best to just go to Toyota and get a whole new boot.

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

I doubt it very seriously, unless there's some new super epoxy that I've never heard of. Usually the boot gets hard and brittle so even if you found epoxy that would work on that tear it would just tear in another place. It's best to just go to Toyota and get a whole new boot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AIR-INTAKE-HOSE-92-93-...=item5d272c4093

look at this hose. this one has a hole in the middle, mines doesnt have one. mines it just an ordinary hose. thanks.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

http://cgi.ebay.com/AIR-INTAKE-HOSE-92-93-...=item5d272c4093

look at this hose. this one has a hole in the middle, mines doesnt have one. mines it just an ordinary hose. thanks.

That link doesn't work. Can you take a pic of the one on your car? Try to get the end farthest away from the engine in the pic so I can see if you have an airflow sensor in the air box lid.

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

That link doesn't work. Can you take a pic of the one on your car? Try to get the end farthest away from the engine in the pic so I can see if you have an airflow sensor in the air box lid.

intake hose

hey sorry about that this link should work. i will take the pic when i get the chance sorry for lagging on that pic i will do it asap. thanks.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

you can also run some seafoam in the intake through the brake booster vacuum to clean out the intake that may help if its not just the tear thats causing it. search seafoam on youtube for a tutorial. it really works great. infact everyone should use it from time to time to keep the engine running tip top.

99 suburban

20" boss motorsport wheels

big 3 installed (thanks Iraggi)

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

fosgate t5002 amp running sub

kenwood ps200 amp running components

jl xr components in front doors

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof

1 FI Q 18" with bp

enclosure 8 cubes 138 sq" port 34hz

Iraggi 220 ho alt

(RF 1500bd coming soon)

intake hose

hey sorry about that this link should work. i will take the pic when i get the chance sorry for lagging on that pic i will do it asap. thanks.

Yeah, looking at that hose, I'm 90% sure that your air flow meter is in the lid of the air box. That's not too bad of a price for the boot either.

Yeah, looking at that hose, I'm 90% sure that your air flow meter is in the lid of the air box. That's not too bad of a price for the boot either.

yeah i think so too that my air flow meter is in the box. the intake is connect to this black box and the other end is connected to my throttle body.

you seen the hose right? do you know what is that hole for? mines doesnt have that.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

yeah i think so too that my air flow meter is in the box. the intake is connect to this black box and the other end is connected to my throttle body.

you seen the hose right? do you know what is that hole for? mines doesnt have that.

I don't think it's a hole. It just looks like one and I'm pretty sure your's does have it but it's on the bottom where you can't see it until you take it off. Honestly, if I were you I'd take it off and try to use some duct tape or something and try to patch it up temporarily to make sure that it will fix your poor acceleration problem before I'd spend any money on stuff you don't need.

I don't think it's a hole. It just looks like one and I'm pretty sure your's does have it but it's on the bottom where you can't see it until you take it off. Honestly, if I were you I'd take it off and try to use some duct tape or something and try to patch it up temporarily to make sure that it will fix your poor acceleration problem before I'd spend any money on stuff you don't need.

i need to replace it asap. the tape just melts off. im pretty sure this is my acceleration is sluggish. and i might need to clean my throttle body with some carburetor spray. my car eats up gas, im thinking because of the tear on the hose. i even used duck tape and it melts and it gets all nasty and sticky. i might go to the junk yard this monday.

iDA-X200/Clarion EQS746

RF T500-1bd

(2) 12" RF HX's

Kicker 350.4

Alpine & Polk Speakers

Stock electrical

Does one end of that hose connect to something that looks like this? >Air Flow Meter<

Archived