Sonic Electronix

looking for some input from the experienced people

i have always been a big fan of bass but i have been watching alot of videos on youtube of the big systems. i just bought a 2000 four door dakota. i want to build a blow through box. i want it to be loud. im not new to systems but i am new to this extreme. i am looking for input on what size/type of sub i should go with. i am thinking of possibly going with 4 12s. i am really looking for any input that i can get. something to point me in the right direction. i am in iraq and have a month left until i go home and actually start the build. i want to learn as much as i can before i go home. and do you think this is possible to do on about a 3 grand budget. if possible i want to make some hair trick videos. let me know what you think.

build for when i get back from iraq

(4) Fi SSD 12s

(2) aq 2200d

(2) xs3100

high output alt.

big 3

6th order blow through

well i think the 4 12 idea is a great start... i'd probably go with 4 12 inch AQ hdc3 subs or some DD's... and have some one design you a nice enclosure... and then throw some real power at them.. it's quite simple.... but you gotta remeber you're gunna need a high output alternator and some batteries to back those amps up!!

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

Agreed. Youre just wasting your time if you cant keep consistent voltage to the amps.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

Do u have the ability to do the install yourself?? If not you're gonna have to factor in a pretty penny for a legit shop to do a proper blow through and install. After you answer that, then I'll come up with a nice little product list for ya.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

the actual install i will be able to do. the main thing that i will need some help on is the design of the box. ive never designed one myself. i have build a few off of others designs though. i have installed countless stereos so im not worried abou the install to much. and i thank you all for your help

(4) Fi SSD 12s

(2) aq 2200d

(2) xs3100

high output alt.

big 3

6th order blow through

Here ya go man, hope this helps you out some to get some ideas flowing -

(4) 15" Alpine Type-R D4s - $800-900.. $200-225 each or (4) 15" FI SSDs - Same general price

(2) Audioque 2200D - $700.. $350 each

250-300a HO alt (Ohio Gen, DC Power, Mechman, Irraggi, etc) - $250-500

Batts in back = (2) XS 3100s or similar group 31 batts - $500-700.. $250-350 each

Under hood batt = XS D1200 or similar - $100-175

Power wire = 50' to 75' - $150-250

Wiring accessories = $50-100

Materials for enclosure = $100-200

Approx. total = $2650 - $3425

Enclosure suggestion - 6th order similar to what Jack's sleeper setup was like, but tuned higher than Jack's was... Another example of 6th order blowthrough would be Supergumby5000 on CA forum. He actually used to run 4 15" Rs but it ended up peaking very low(like high 20s/low 30s).

Hope this helps and gives you a good option to look into... If you need any help or have any questions just drop me a PM bro.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

thank you alot for your help. i am doing more and more research everyday to learn all that i can. you have given me a good idea of where i want to go with it all. thanks alot for youre help.

(4) Fi SSD 12s

(2) aq 2200d

(2) xs3100

high output alt.

big 3

6th order blow through

forgot to add the boot and glue.

make the largest cut you can, then shrink it down with your front panel.

if you tune 35hz and down it will slam the lows.

I prefer to tune about 37-38 in cut-throughs and put the vent at the back of a V

the long tunnel will make up for any lacking lows, and still give you some high"er" bass

I have tuned to 30hz before and vented at the back of the box.

played down to 17hz full tilt.

peaked at 30hz

did a 55db @ 30hz

would not play shit above 38hz

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz