So after a few years of getting pushed back i am getting my permit. I am turning to you guys to see if anyone wants to give input on my pistol choice.

The two choices im stuck on right now are the Glock 19c and the Ruger SR9. Both are of course 9mm. I am sticking with a 9mm at this time only due to the fact that i have plenty of 9mm rounds in my case. I have held both and they both are comfortable in my hand. If i get the glock i will change the trigger down to a 4.5lb insted of the stock 5.5lb. I dont like the 5.5lb pull.

Any opinions/suggestions.

Thanks,

MF

and this going to be for security? or fun?

Why not both? ;)

Glocks are super durable so if you ever find yourself in an under water gun battle I hope you have that glock.... haha

Glocks will last you for ever so I would suggest the glock with its great looks, durability, and large capacity.

I prefer rugers, Ive put about 5000 rds through mine and not once has it failed to fire, or failed to feed correctly. my glocks on the other hand have failed to feed correctly a number of times and jammed, not alot, but enough that I won't buy a glock again.

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

At the local store i can get the glock for $515 and the Ruger for $380.

Isn't the Ruger kinda bulky ? but that was the old P-series.......I got a S&W .40 ( same frame as a Glock ) so I might be kinda bias......

Edited by DEEz NUTz

Powerbassbanner.jpg

DCbanner.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

153.3 @ Turkey Drag 2009

Spl Modified 1001-2000 - Derrick Jones my alias... Wudn't accept DEEz NUTz !!!

the sr9 is a little bulkier then the 19c but overall feels just as good in my palm. I am not looking to carry either of these so as far as slim line goes it doesnt matter to me, i am just looking for a reliable gun that is accurate and comfortable.

Both of these are in my price range at the moment and they both feel real good in my hand. Now i just need to figure out the more reliable one, god for bid i ever have to use it. It my job to keep my wife and son safe though.