Second Skin Audio

coil burning??

LoudBimmer

i think i found the problem for clipping and sub burning and voltage drops.

Since i'm using my ipod, i had this option on, bass booster, now i turned it off and it's playing fine now. On 20V output, voltage didnt even drop, it stayed at 14.2, i played lil shawty-gorilla zoe song at 20/40 and bass knob turned to max.

Since i'm using my ipod, i had this option on, bass booster, now i turned it off and it's playing fine now. On 20V output, voltage didnt even drop, it stayed at 14.2, i played lil shawty-gorilla zoe song at 20/40 and bass knob turned to max.

bingo. solved your own problem

to Decaf:

do you think changing design of my box to sub and port facing back will it sound louder

likely no... it might help with loading of cone against the tailgate... the only way to know what u think sounds better is to try

remember a box is only time and ~$50... and can make a world of difference

shrinking the box increases power handling because it is harder to move the sub... so u can add more power til you reach the voicecoils thermal limit

I still think you're clipping the nuts off of it.

yes he is, and we've been trying to narrow it down

P.S other options on amp are turned off except gain and frequency is turned up little bit to about 50 hz.

turn ur low pass filter to 80hz... ur missing some notes

better yet if ur headunit has a crossover for the sub, use it instead and turn ur sae1200d lpf as high as it can go

again subsonic at 25-28hz

bingo... im glad u were persistant in finding the problem

clipping pulls sometimes 40%+ more amps so if u are clipping crazy u could have been sending ur sub ~250 extra watts

(hypothetical)

happy bumpin bro

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

today i made output voltage 28.6V from amp, and my car voltage droped to 11.1-11.5 while car was parked, once i pushed gas pedal little bit voltage jumped to 13.5-14.1. Is it normal? On 26.1V output voltage from amp my car voltage droped to 12.0-12.5, car parked.

so, should i keep it at 28.6 or lower it to 26.1?

yes its fine. your alt only puts out so much power at idle. watch it though, dont bump for a while at idle its not that smart with a stock electrical.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

today i made output voltage 28.6V from amp, and my car voltage droped to 11.1-11.5 while car was parked, once i pushed gas pedal little bit voltage jumped to 13.5-14.1. Is it normal? On 26.1V output voltage from amp my car voltage droped to 12.0-12.5, car parked.

so, should i keep it at 28.6 or lower it to 26.1?

u shouldnt be bumpin at idle anyways... very little amperage, ur basically relyin on the batteries at that point

simple bro, dont go below ~12 and ull be fine

if you turn it down every time you stop or come to idle (like u should), then set it for 28 since u will always be getting 13v+ once the alt is engaged

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

u shouldnt be bumpin at idle anyways... very little amperage, ur basically relyin on the batteries at that point

simple bro, dont go below ~12 and ull be fine

if you turn it down every time you stop or come to idle (like u should), then set it for 28 since u will always be getting 13v+ once the alt is engaged

just to be safe i'm gonna set it at 27V-27.5V, on some songs it stays at 12.0-12.2V, but other's it drops to 11.1-11.5V, car parked. When i'm driving, 13-5-14.2.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived