Second Skin Audio

How much Sound Deadener will I need

I have my 07 burban. Right now I want to get the floor around the cargo area, side rear panels, my front and rear doors, and the hatch door. All single layer of deadener for now. Since money is an issue at the moment I'm not gonna try and go doing the whole truck (rest of floors and roof) just those areas that need the most attention. So my question is how much (sq ft) will I need of second skin to cover the areas of my truck mentioned above? will 100 sqft be enough or would I need more?

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

18 views and no body wants to chime in here on this? I'll make this somewhat simpler, If I was to purchase one of those 36.5 packages of damplifier, would that be enough to cover the rear area of the burban minuse the roof and all four doors?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

18 views and no body wants to chime in here on this? I'll make this somewhat simpler, If I was to purchase one of those 36.5 packages of damplifier, would that be enough to cover the rear area of the burban minuse the roof and all four doors?

tape measure? it would not be the hard to take a width a depth measurement and find out. you know the pack covers 36.5 sqft

Edited by Stephen
you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

tape measure? it would not be the hard to take a width a depth measurement and find out. you know the pack covers 36.5 sqft

From the floor of the rear I'm covering a floor area of about 49 wide by 28 deep. Rear hatch is about 48 wide by 22 high. So just based off the floor and rear hatch door alone how much would I need?.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Start off with 120

Don't forget the LLP too.... it's vital

A huge tip I can give to you is fill all the voids. In the areas that had no chance of getting wet, or any wiring that could be a potential problem, I stuffed poly fill wall to wall, until I could not pack it any tighter. This adds support to the panel. In the areas that have this extra support, there is absolutely NO flex at all. In the areas that could possibly get wet, I filled them with closed cell foam (Ensolite). If you don't care about being able to get the the panel in the future for dents or anything you may need to get to them for, you can fill them with expanding foam which is the most effective method.

From the floor of the rear I'm covering a floor area of about 49 wide by 28 deep. Rear hatch is about 48 wide by 22 high. So just based off the floor and rear hatch door alone how much would I need?.

Measure length and width, multiply these two numbers to get the square footage , and always add maybe about 10% extra just because things never usually go the way you want lol.....so basically if your vehicle's rear trunk area is 28"in length and 49"in width convert those numbers to feet which basically gives you 4ft 1" by 2ft 4" multiply them and your trunk will need 6ft 4inches ...don't forget to add 10% more .......and basically that's it i hope this was helpful .....

Measure length and width, multiply these two numbers to get the square footage , and always add maybe about 10% extra just because things never usually go the way you want lol.....so basically if your vehicle's rear trunk area is 28"in length and 49"in width convert those numbers to feet which basically gives you 4ft 1" by 2ft 4" multiply them and your trunk will need 6ft 4inches ...don't forget to add 10% more .......and basically that's it i hope this was helpful .....

Remember length times width gives you the square footage ...........and when you multiply the base times the height and divide it by 2 ...that gives the area .......good luck on your project ........

Remember length times width gives you the square footage ...........and when you multiply the base times the height and divide it by 2 ...that gives the area .......good luck on your project ........

cereal? :01nocomment8so:

that the formula to find area of a triangle.

49 wide by 28 deep

correct way is

49x28 / 144 = 9.52 sq ft.

= 7.33 for the hatch.

thats single layer and if you do not overlap at all.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

correct way is

= 7.33 for the hatch.

very true ..lol.brain fart ...i stand corrected ....thank you for the correction ..lol

correct way is

= 7.33 for the hatch.

Hey thanks for this formula. So if what your saying is true then for the cargo floor and rear hatch door I would need roughly 17 sq ft of deadener? That would mean that the single 36sqft pack of damplifer would work for my back area no doubt.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes