XS Power

I get PMs and emails all the time asking "Do I need to run a D3100 in the back?"

If you are running batteries in the back it is really up to you and what you want. Is the D3100 the biggest baddest battery?.....Yes, but you can run multiple smaller batteries in the back for close to the same price and get more power.

For instance the D3100 will give you 5000+ watts of power for the internet price of $349, but you could run to D1200 batteries in the back and get 6000+ watts of power for a internet price of $360. $11 dollars more and you get 1000watts more for basically the same footprint size the D3100 takes and the two D1200s weigh 8.88lbs less. Some people want to run the biggest battery they can as their secondary battery and there is nothing wrong with that, but dont think thats the only option.

So when you are looking at running secondary batteries don't think its the D3100 or nothing. If you have the room for a D3100, then you have many options you can look at. Under the hood you are usually restricted to a direct replacement battery (because of size restrictions) but as a secondary battery the choices are only limited by the room you have and how creative you can be!!

Edited by Nathan@XSPOWER

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

Well I was looking at that too nathan but looking at the amp hours it is 88(D1200) to 117(D3100), what am I losing over that besides the obvious reserve battery power

Yes I am interested in this too. Is the reserve power the biggest bonus of the D3100?

Starting From Scratch!!

For audio applications you might as well just through that RC and AH crap out the window!!! Those test are done to determine the reserved in the battery with LOW amp draws for LONG periods of time................. which has nothing to do with your application. Just like the CA and CCA tests on batteries. Those are done in 30 second test.............. how many starters in todays cars can handle a steady start of 30 seconds? Pretty much none.

Audio applications need INSTANTANEOUS power in SHORT bursts for peak performance. The more batteries you have hooked together the better your internal resistance in the batteries are, which gives you better performance.

Again, this was just me throwing some info out there so everyone doesn't just fixate on the D3100. Yes it is a heck of a battery and puts out a TON of power, but there are other options out there. In a lot of cases because of the size and set up the D3100 is the best option, but in other cases multiple smaller batteries will provide even better performance.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg