Sundown Audio

Bmi1606d

Got my amp in today... I just hooked it up and for some reason it doesnt sound as loud as I thought... I have 1 kicker comp vr hooked up to it right now, at a 4 ohm load, once I get the 2nd box built then ill have both hooked up at a 2 ohm load... I hope that this changes the SPL. I also didnt really have much time to mess with the level, eq and all that, but ill get to that tomorrow... The amp looks cool at night, but I expected louder, I hope those other variables (once changed by the end of this week) will make me a happy guy...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Time to change your sig now man! ^_^

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Sure thing. You know I'll be here along with all the other knowledgeble folks!

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

Oh, just to let you know, you misspelled BXi 1606d up in the thread title again man. ;)

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

i have the same amp, and i have experienced(sp) that u need to have the bass eq on the amp up about half way, then set gains accordingly.

Sorry for the miss spell... for some reason I thought for awhile it was BMX1606d, then i got the "x" changed but not the "m" hahaha. And when you talk about the bass eq on the amp, if I have the remote hooked up to the amp then that knob doesnt do anything does it? Right now I have it all the way down cause I thought that it didnt matter if I had the remote that runs up to my dash plugged in. That is how it was with my soundstorm. Let me know. What kind of subs you running to that amp?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Also, with my 2 Kicker Comp VR's that are dual 2 ohm coils, I would series them up to each other to make a 2 ohm load then hook the positive coming from the sub to the far right (2nd) positive of the speaker terminals, and the negative of the sub to the 2nd negative of the speaker terminal and this would make it run at 2 ohms no problem correct?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif