Sonic Electronix

Alright so I got my new amp today, and it says that it recommends a 200A fuse. well i have a 140 circuit breaker under the hood, and that wire runs to my Capcell. So i was wondering would it be ok to add a 200 A and another fuse holder to the power going to the amp from the cell, or would it be too much.

you should always use a fuse between a power component and another component.

So for safety, you should have a fuse between the capcell and amp.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

ied put the 200amp fuse just befor the power wire goes into the amp within 12'' at most if u can

thats what my buddy had to do with his memphis m4kd but i think he used 300amp fuses tho

hope this helps, n i dnt think thats to much, the other fuse or circuit breaker just protects the wire to the capcell acually, the other fuse just protects the amp witch i dnt see how the hell they do in a way cause how can the amp make the fuse blow befor the fets or somethin blow like in reg amps?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

yeah i hear that, when i took the amp out its the new Hifonics Brutus BXI 2010 i noticed the amp didnt have a fuse i was like whoa, cause i was used to a fused amp, so i just needed some nfo thanks everybody, merry christmas

Archived