Sonic Electronix

1st Major audio install

I got 96 Impala SS i know i wanna run 15's not sure if i should go with 2 or 4

-goin to use a alpine IVA-D106 unless somebody knows a better a/v head unit ?

-wanna put tweeters in the A-pillars, a tweeter for every mid, 6 1/2s in all 4 doors

-was wondering if anybody used 8" subs or shallow mounts as mids in the rear deck ???

-wanna run a port through the rear deck

-would like to use either Ascendant Audio Mayhems or DD 9500's

-gonna be a almost daily set-up

I saw this vid on youtube a guy was runnin 4 RE audios in a 4th order bandpss ported through the rear deck

(url for video)

I welcome all help any suggestions for enclosures, amps, power supply, etc or any suggestions at all

Thanks

not to offend but heres a suggestion...

use the search bar....

research about fiberglassing unless you alrdy have experience... not at easy as it looks...

id say stick with 2 15's... 4 is pushing it... youll end up choking your subs... in other words... you may not get optimal cubic feet for ur box if you try to cram 4 15"s

what do you mean "a tweeter for every mid"?... i think you need some good component sets...

as far as amps... theres alot of options... id say go for sundown... a few runs of 0 ga... and 3 to 4 batteries... a pair of DC power HO alts... and you should be good...

don't forget to check out DC subs...

if this is one of your first builds.... id recomned to do somthing smaller... or start slowly at least...

some more advice... dont rush into it... take your time... research research research....

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

Thanks for advice

i wanted to stay away from fiberglass since i have 0 experience with it

yeah this is gonna be a slow build like i'll start with the head unit n some components

then the "Big 3" then the alts and so on

do you have any suggestions on a enclosure ? sealed? ported? or bandpass?

Thanks for advice

i wanted to stay away from fiberglass since i have 0 experience with it

yeah this is gonna be a slow build like i'll start with the head unit n some components

then the "Big 3" then the alts and so on

do you have any suggestions on a enclosure ? sealed? ported? or bandpass?

ask someone here to design a ported one for you a bandpass might be a little complex since your first starting up

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg

either subs you go with AA meyhems or DD 9500s.. both will be super sick!!! i have DD 9512g's and i don't think ill ever use another sub company.. but if i do i'd go with mayhems.. so either way.. you can't go wrong there

i'd go with sundown amps too!

and i'd also check out dc power engineering give kyle an email and ask him what they have available for you car.. they have the best HO alternators in the industry just email him at [email protected]

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

Archived