Sonic Electronix

I realized after a few months that maybe getting one of the loudest woofers isn't a good way to start in the mobile audio biz. However i don't want any type of subs that someone else has. Something unique because not many people where i live know about Fi, DD, DC, AA and any other besides pioneer and alpine and sometimes infinity.

Here's my plan get some nice woofers something that will make all of my chopped and screwed music amazing and i mean Dj Screw some swisha house and Dj Rico. Also i listen to metal and some rock, punk, and jazz. Any help would be awesome and dont ask about the car because right now my dad doesn't know if he want to let me keep the jimmy but something to start saving my money up for would be nice like a goalto look forward to.

here is what i came up with and if you can top it for cheaper feel free to say it

2 Fi ssd 12's or hopefully 15's

Hifonics 2010

extra battery if needed and depending on the car a new alt

Door speakers i will worry about along the way

Right now i dont car about hair tricks or competitions ill do that when i know more and have more money.

Btw these SSDs aren't too cheap so help me with finding how to get the most bang for my buck....literally

Drop a BTL on his head

i think DC lvl 2's beat the infamous jackhammer...

The formulas that you used to predict this enclosure's behavior can't predict turbulence since turbulence is, by definition, chaotic. You can't predict chaos.

You don't need a 2010 unless those are fully loaded don't put more than 1600RMS to them I'd advise for daily use... Invest in a Hifonics Brutus 1605D by far the best sub made for a dual fi SSD setup.. I'd get the 2010 if you had it fully loaded though.

Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Stock 105AMP alternator

8guage wiring

Pioneer DEH-1100

4 x Infinity Reference 250RMS

1 x Fi SSD 15" Copper Coils D1

1 x Alpine MRP-450

Vented .50MDF tuned @ 40hz

Also if want to save a buck and run a bigger setup you can get two 15" AudioQues the 2.5 series for $170 a pce two of those with the proper amp and enclosure will get really loud I believe they're 600RMS for the price of two 15" fully loaded SSD's you could get 3 or 4 AQ2.5 15's but also note you could use the 2010D then since that would be perfect for 4 AQ2.5 15's.. I'm running an SSD myself and I'm impressed its easily louder than two properly power 15" Kicker Comps on a 400watt amplifier.

Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Stock 105AMP alternator

8guage wiring

Pioneer DEH-1100

1 x Alpine MRP-450

i have DD 9512g's and i listen to a lot of different stuff... death metal like necrophagist decripit birth and disgorge.. and also punk rock and other stuff too.. they sound great doing it too.. you should seriously check them out

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

How much are the DD 9500 series run usually? I really badly want to know haha I might be interested in one 1500RMS ftw

Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Stock 105AMP alternator

8guage wiring

Pioneer DEH-1100

1 x Alpine MRP-450

How much are the DD 9500 series run usually? I really badly want to know haha I might be interested in one 1500RMS ftw

DD isnt really cheap, I would expect the sub to be no less than about $400, they are great subs but very pricey, same with IA's products.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

You don't need a 2010 unless those are fully loaded don't put more than 1600RMS to them I'd advise for daily use... Invest in a Hifonics Brutus 1605D by far the best sub made for a dual fi SSD setup.. I'd get the 2010 if you had it fully loaded though.

The older Hifonics bx models(like the 1605D) were very overrated so I'd be pleasantly surprised if it were to do anything over 1200-1300w at the most @ 1ohm. Even the stock SSDs can take 800-1000w for daily without any issues, as long as there isn't any clipping involved. Which as long as everything is setup correctly and the OP doesn't get to crazy with the volume knob then he won't run into any problems.

Also if want to save a buck and run a bigger setup you can get two 15" AudioQues the 2.5 series for $170 a pce two of those with the proper amp and enclosure will get really loud I believe they're 600RMS for the price of two 15" fully loaded SSD's you could get 3 or 4 AQ2.5 15's but also note you could use the 2010D then since that would be perfect for 4 AQ2.5 15's.. I'm running an SSD myself and I'm impressed its easily louder than two properly power 15" Kicker Comps on a 400watt amplifier.

The SDC2.5s can take 800-1000+ watts daily, so running them @ 600w won't really get anywhere near their potential... That 2010D will put out around 1800w or so @ 1ohm, so 450w per SDC2.5 would be far from ideal. 2 15" SSDs off proper power would be louder than 4 15" SDC2.5s off less than ideal power.

i have DD 9512g's and i listen to a lot of different stuff... death metal like necrophagist decripit birth and disgorge.. and also punk rock and other stuff too.. they sound great doing it too.. you should seriously check them out

The OP mentioned in his first post that even SSDs were a little pricey and was looking for the best bang for buck woofers... DD 9500s are pretty far from that, running them myself also they are great woofers but pretty far from cheap. Now the OP should definitely look into DD 1500 + 2500 series woofers without question. They are more in his price range and are excellent subs off the proposed power he was looking at running.

To the OP - What exactly is your budget?? What do u drive?? Can you do the install/box build yourself?? Just to let you know, SSDs are some of the best bang for buck woofers on the market. Car audio isn't exactly a cheap hobby to have if you didn't know already.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

The older Hifonics bx models(like the 1605D) were very overrated so I'd be pleasantly surprised if it were to do anything over 1200-1300w at the most @ 1ohm. Even the stock SSDs can take 800-1000w for daily without any issues, as long as there isn't any clipping involved. Which as long as everything is setup correctly and the OP doesn't get to crazy with the volume knob then he won't run into any problems.

The SDC2.5s can take 800-1000+ watts daily, so running them @ 600w won't really get anywhere near their potential... That 2010D will put out around 1800w or so @ 1ohm, so 450w per SDC2.5 would be far from ideal. 2 15" SSDs off proper power would be louder than 4 15" SDC2.5s off less than ideal power.

The OP mentioned in his first post that even SSDs were a little pricey and was looking for the best bang for buck woofers... DD 9500s are pretty far from that, running them myself also they are great woofers but pretty far from cheap. Now the OP should definitely look into DD 1500 + 2500 series woofers without question. They are more in his price range and are excellent subs off the proposed power he was looking at running.

To the OP - What exactly is your budget?? What do u drive?? Can you do the install/box build yourself?? Just to let you know, SSDs are some of the best bang for buck woofers on the market. Car audio isn't exactly a cheap hobby to have if you didn't know already.

First of all thatnks for all of the input from everybody

lemme say this install and box will be super easy to do i plan on doing it myself but i have a friend who is an installer himself so ifi run into trouble its no big deal.

To be honest 2 woofers isn't even necessary 1 will do the only thing i want is all of my music to play without clipping and trust me the volume knob won't be be messed with to much i jam to myself and occasionally with my friends. I know a guy who is also and installer(not the same friend) a master installer actually and he highly reccomends DD budget im not clear on and the car like in the first post im not sure. I am in another country now waiting for a call from my father and hopefully ill have more for you guys to help me with.

thanks for all of the input and when i figure everything out ill be sure to let ya'll know

but any other subs better than the SSDs or the 1500s or even 2500s for better prices just let me know also amp help due to the fact that im not so sure on it

Drop a BTL on his head

i think DC lvl 2's beat the infamous jackhammer...

The formulas that you used to predict this enclosure's behavior can't predict turbulence since turbulence is, by definition, chaotic. You can't predict chaos.

Archived