Second Skin Audio

Subs Wiring(need Help Asap)

That site doesnt say what ohm loads are safe, but I'm guessing 4 ohm bridged is the lowest you can go. Meaning youre already getting all the power you can out of it.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

yea i agree with sean maybe save up a few bucks n get a better amp is my suggestion thats what im doin.

rims.jpg2 12" Kicker cvx1 proacoustic 4 now either quantum audio amp r Ma audio nextKenwood dash4 gauge wire pioneer in the doorsjvc in the back

It sounds like you don't understand impedance and wiring subs at all. Its all simple math really. When wiring voice coils in parallel, you take the impedance (ohms) and divide it by the number of coils wired together. For example; if you have a pair of 4ohm dvc subs wired in parallel then you'll take the impedance which is 4 ohms and divide it by the number of coils which 4. 4ohms divided by 4 coils = a 1ohm load. For a pair of 2ohm dvc subs wired in parallel it'll be 2ohms divide by 4 coils = 0.5ohms. For 1ohm dvc subs in parallel it'll be 1ohm divided by 4 coils = 0.25ohms.

Wiring in series is the exact opposite. You'll multiply the impedance (in ohms) by the number of coils. For example; a 1ohm dvc sub wired in series will be 1ohm x 2 coils = 2ohms. For a 2ohm dvc sub it'll be 2ohms x 2 coils = 4ohms. For a 4ohm dvc sub it'll be 4ohms x 2 coils = 8ohms.

This math applies the same to single voice coil subs. Wiring a pair of single 4ohm svc subs in parallel will be 4ohm divided by 2 coils = 2ohms. Wiring a pair of 4ohm svc subs in series will be 4ohms x 2 coils = 8ohms

Now for the tricky part. You can wire multiple dvc subs in series-parallel configurations. For example; If you have a pair of 1ohm dvc subs then you can wire the 2 coils on each sub in series (1ohm x 2coils = 2ohms) which will give you a pair of 2ohm loads. Then you can wire that pair in parallel ( 2ohms divide by 2 loads = 1ohm) and you'll have a final impedance of 1ohm. With a pair of 4ohm dvc subs you'll wire the coils on each sub in series ( 4ohms x 2 coils = 8ohms) then wire each load in parallel ( 8ohms divide by 2 loads = 4ohms) for a final impedance of 4ohms.

You're restricted here by your amplifier's capability. Some amplifiers are capable of running at 1ohm and some can only handle 4ohms. You should wire your subs in the proper configuration to meet your amplifiers capability. Its also good to think ahead when purchasing new equipment. Make sure that you buy an amplifier capable of running at the impedance your sub's coils will be wired to or make sure you buy subs with a coil configuration that can be wired to the capability of your amplifier. For example; don't buy a pair of 2ohm dvc subs when your amplifier can only handle a 4ohm load. 2ohm dvc subs can only be wired for 0.5ohm (all coils in parallel), 2ohms (coils in a series-parallel configuration), or 8ohms (all coils in series). None of these will work well with a 4ohm amplifier.

Hope this helps.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

thanks so the amp i have wont go down anymore than 4 ohm load i couldnt find the ohm loads for my amp and i dont have a manual for it?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"