Sonic Electronix

So before anyone yells at me for being unsafe, this is for a friend. He just got a 4100/5100 (not sure) for his 200x stang. He wants me to help him with bypassing the parking break because he doesn't know how to wire it.

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

Edited by VistaV6

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

copied off the bypass thread in the h/u section

get a relay before you wire up the h/u harness, we're going to tap into that. tie 87 into 85 use spade terminals, make a little daisy chain, and twist that with the black wire of the radio. pin 30 goes to your parkingbrake lead (lt green usually). pin 86 gets tapped in with your remote wire off of the h/u (blue with white line usually). basically what happens is at rest its an incomplete circuit. when you turn the radio on, it checks the PB wire first, and then after it boots fully it engages the remote power, which turns your amp on AND trips the relay to throw ground into the PB wire. Your radio no bypasses itself for you every time it boots, and it just cost you a relay and 4 spades.

Edited by baggedon4s

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

copied off the bypass thread in the h/u section

get a relay before you wire up the h/u harness, we're going to tap into that. tie 87 into 85 use spade terminals, make a little daisy chain, and twist that with the black wire of the radio. pin 30 goes to your parkingbrake lead (lt green usually). pin 86 gets tapped in with your remote wire off of the h/u (blue with white line usually). basically what happens is at rest its an incomplete circuit. when you turn the radio on, it checks the PB wire first, and then after it boots fully it engages the remote power, which turns your amp on AND trips the relay to throw ground into the PB wire. Your radio no bypasses itself for you every time it boots, and it just cost you a relay and 4 spades.

this is how my brother did his and works fine.

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

I did the toggle switch trick ...before that relay was available ....its good to see the relay !!

ya i would say its safer to go the relay way than just a toggle switch. but the toggle switch is cheaper since you usually have one layin around. not sure if the toggle switch way can hurt the hu or not. how and what wires do you hook up for the toggle switch way

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

i have the 4100... mines on a switch, it works perfectly..... its very simple to do

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

ya i would say its safer to go the relay way than just a toggle switch. but the toggle switch is cheaper since you usually have one layin around. not sure if the toggle switch way can hurt the hu or not. how and what wires do you hook up for the toggle switch way

its very simple ...its grounded then to the toggle then to the head unit ...simple and cheap solution ..

This is how I had my toggle switch and it worked great.

2009-07-18145722.jpg

PicEdit.jpg

The Ground wire just got connected to a section of green wire to make it longer, but where those wires met another wire came out and that one got grounded. I don't know if you could see it in the pic cuz when I took it off I cut it pretty short.

Edited by Berto

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k