Boxes for Friends, sealed 10s, tline 10s

I built a few boxes for some friends to fund my addiction.

First up was a simple sealed box for 2 alpine type s 10s

PC080266.jpg

PC080267.jpg

PC080268.jpg

PC080269.jpg

PC080270.jpg

PC080271.jpg

PC080272.jpg

the alpine 10 next to a 10 that forevrbumpn made

PC080274.jpg

PC080273.jpg

PC090276.jpg

PC090277.jpg

PC090278.jpg

PC090279.jpg

PC090280.jpg

PC090281.jpg

1210091421b.jpg

downsized_1210091421.jpg

downsized_1210091421a.jpg

Next up are two 10's built by forevrbumpn. I put them in a tline, but was limited on space so the lines are around 45 hz. i added fill to smooth out the response

1207091518.jpg

1207091517.jpg

I tried to make things easier on me and have Lowes cut alot of the wood since it was all the same width.. but it ended up makin things worse.

Ive already learned to get my cuts oversized a bit because they cant measure or something. And the one over here stated chargin 1 dollar per cut. thats seems outragaeous to me when i have to recut it when i get home. but this time i had them cut it and it wasnt only off, every cut was about half an inch bigger on one end than the other. So i had to return that batch. and start over the next day. I have a rigged up jig thats just a 4 ft long board wiht 2 clamps and a circular saw, and that does better than lowes's big saw (vent)

back to pics

PC150288.jpg

i got tired of having to get wood glue over and over again. so i finally just got a gallon. 97cent ketchup squirter from walmart helps to make it managable

PC160289.jpg

PC170290.jpg

PC170291.jpg

very sexy boxes man, how do they sound tuned at 45hz?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

They sound alot better than i thought at that tuning and still get low.

I kept playin around with them until i put them in his suv

I put it on the term lab and it did a 139.7 I guess thats a good number

yeah, thats not bad for some 10" tlines, how much power is going to them?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Boxes are super sexy man. And i feel ya on the lowes panel saw. Theres one kid that only works on sundays at the one by me that can get my cuts 100% perfect everytime on the panel saw and doesnt even charge me for it. If its not him cutting it thenm there all fucked up. I foundout the hard way that a skil saw 6ft 2x4 some clamps and a square work best unless you have a huge table saw.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

yeah, thats not bad for some 10" tlines, how much power is going to them?

its a hifonics 1000watt 2 channel, so at the most 1000 watts

Boxes are super sexy man. And i feel ya on the lowes panel saw. Theres one kid that only works on sundays at the one by me that can get my cuts 100% perfect everytime on the panel saw and doesnt even charge me for it. If its not him cutting it thenm there all fucked up. I foundout the hard way that a skil saw 6ft 2x4 some clamps and a square work best unless you have a huge table saw.

i had a guy there once that couldnt even understand the measurments i told him.

There used to be a guy at the home depot around here that was great. I had him cut up 3 boards for me once and there was i thnk just one that was only a 1/4 of an inch off, out of maybe 16 cuts

wouldnt it be louder in the tlines with the subs mounted the other way? ur sorta blocking the mouth bro

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!