Handheld Wi-Fi Internet Devices

i would like to get a droid but it doesnt seem like that wil happen

so i want a device that i can get on the internet with (real internet)

the two im looking at are the PSP 3000 and the iPod Touch

i have heard that the iPod touch cannot view youtube videos which is bad for me. can i do that on the PSP?

umm other things, connectiblity. which one is able to hold on to a good connection longer?

just give me a run down if you can. or if you know of another device that is similar let me know

i like that both are multimedia devices but i prefer the umd discs to downloading stuff on the ipod. its easier for me to go to the store.

basically i want to be able to get on the internet when my computer is not available. ill be in a city so hot spots wont be hard to find

plus if it can be bought at walmart tht would be awesome. (i have a gift card)

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

the touch can get youtube, i have one and it has a tab specifically for youtube.. the itouch is great for me if i am in my house i have it to where it connects to my modem when it is within range, but you say you will be in a city if you are walking then you might have the problem of not being able to connect, but if you are just sitting there it will be perfect. On the itouch you have the option to connect to any wifi that you can pick up otherwise you have to go into settings and choose which wifi you want to pick up.. I have never used the psp, i had the original psp, but only used it 2 time for internet and it was a bitch to use. I personally would get the itouch i got one and i love it, plus you can use it in your car.

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

internet on PSP is fail. 802.11B only and the typing is a nightmare. while i think the ipod touch is 802.11G.

you CAN technically view youtube on a psp but you have to hack it and put a program called PSPTube on it (if you have to ask how to hack it its a looooonngg explanation.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

archos x10

i have a 604wifi and it kicks ass

sq through headphones is better than ipods too

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i like the archos but its a bit too much for me right now

if i was to get the ipod touch i would get the 8 gb andjust use the interne and maybe some apps

i dont need storage for music and such because i just got a 160 gb ipod classic

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

they have lower cheaper versions, i linked that because that was the 1st one that popped up..

i take it your on verizons plan right? you know you could go to craigslist.org and check out your city to find some good deals on cell phones..

if your just using it for internet, just get a new cell :x

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

they have lower cheaper versions, i linked that because that was the 1st one that popped up..

i take it your on verizons plan right? you know you could go to craigslist.org and check out your city to find some good deals on cell phones..

if your just using it for internet, just get a new cell :x

the price of the phone is not the issue

its the price of the plan which my parents pay

so id rather get something with my own money. you know?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build